• 23.7.15

    PRIME POSÉ

    A few days ago, My Friend Tyra asked me if I use primer for everything, of which my reply was yes. This short-lived conversation spurred me on to concocting this post, a primer edit. I use primers pretty much whenever I wear makeup, for eyes, lips and face for both summer, winter and in between. I always try and make my makeup last the entire day and in my opinion, primer is a big factor in accomplishing that as well as ensuring that my makeup has the best application.
    FACE
    If you've been an avid reader of my blog, you'll know that the Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser has been a staple in my collection for well over a year. It's one that not many people got on with, however I believe that when used in the correct way, proves to be a really good primer. It's a silicon-based primer with some tackiness for the base to adhere to, yet has some slipiness for the base to also glide on nicely to.

    The Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser's higher end nemesis is the Benefit Porefessional. This product has the same idea behind it, which is to minimise the appearance of pores, however rather than being a clear product, is a skin tone shade, which becomes transparent when blended onto the skin. This too is also a silicon-based product, however is more heavy duty than the Maybelline primer, which is probably why more people see, to prefer this one. I personally much prefer the drugstore dupe, as I prefer the formula and the unbeatable price.

    The Bourjois Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer was in actual fact my first primer, which was quickly replaced by the Maybelline primer. I have been using this product a lot more lately as it really adds to the dewy aspect for my base. It's a very lightweight product, which is a salmony pink colour that also blends into a sheer, transparent product. I only tend to whip this product out in the warmer months to give a faux inner glow!

    EYES
    When it comes to primer, the most important for me is the eyes as they could literally crease for England without a primer. I've tried my fair share of primers and I've found that the type of formula that works the best for me are those with a thick consistency to act as a barrier against the oil. My all time favourite for he past two years has been the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's the primer that I found catered to everything I wanted in an eyeshadow primer. Since hen, the Laura Mercier Eye Canvas, which is very similar to the Urban Decay Primer potion, has trumped this, however it's in a pot for, instead and has a salmony pink undertone, which counteracts any dark veins on the eye. To he average person, they may not notice such little difference, but being a beauty lover, I have.

    LIPS
    When it comes to lips, I don't use an actual designated primer, I just use a heavy-duty lip balm or treatment. On days when I'm going to wear a bold lip, I exfoliate beforehand and then use a matte lip balm in the for, of the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm which is very hydrating and is matte, therefore doesn't add any shine or gloss to the lips. When I'm not planning on wearing a lipstick, I just pop on a lip treatment such as the Burt's Bees LipTreatment* or The True Organics Lip Balm. These really save my lips when the weather changes and are good to keep my lips in good condition.


    Do you use primer? What are some of your favourites?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx