• 17.7.15

    MY BAD BEAUTY HABITS

    I’ve seen quite a few posts written by beauty enthusiast about their bad beauty habits. In all honesty, they’ve made me feel a bit better about mine as I know that I’m not alone. Even the bloggers who seem to have it all together and ‘play by the book’ have their hidden secrets. At the end of the day, we all have bad beauty habits, and here are some of mine!

    1) Not Washing My Makeup Brushes
    I don’t often have time to properly wash my brushes regularly. The best I tend to be able to do is every two to three weeks. I’ve started trying to only use a handful of brushes each week so that I don’t have an insane amount to wash and it allows me to try and wash my brushes on a weekly basis, so that it doesn’t build up!

    2) Picking At My Nail Polish
    I happen to have a job where I sit down at a desk all day and sometimes I’m on a really boring or slow job and I end up picking at my nail polish. Partly because I’ll want to repaint my nails and I cannot be bothered to take it off when I get home and because it kills two birds with one stone. I get to remove my nail polish whilst being bored. Voila!

    3) Using Makeup Wipes
    I don’t know why this is considered a bad beauty habit in the beauty industry (I should probably research that!) but when I’ve just come in from a night out, I like to quickly take my makeup off and then thoroughly cleanse with my proper skincare routine.

    4) Continuously Buying Things I Don’t Need
    I tend to blame this one on the fact that I’m a beauty blogger and that I can either review it or feature it in an edit! I have more makeup and skincare than is necessary for one person. I could probably go a year or two without having to buy makeup or skincare, but new launches suck me in and I get a sudden urge to buy more!

    5) Squeezing Spots
    This sounds disgusting, but it’s true. Whenever I get an annoyingly huge spot I always say that it needs to ‘vacate’ from my face. I don’t like pesky spots invading my face. They make me feel so self-conscious and they need to disappear ASAP!


    What are some of your bad beauty habits?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. This made me laugh! I can definitely relate to the majority of these! I always use make-up wipes to remove my make-up too, I just use a cleanser the following morning.. I don't get why it's so bad either?!

      Toni x
      www.clarkecouture.co.uk
      MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY:
      http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Makeup wipes are just so quick and easy! And when I'm tipsy, the last thing I'm thinking about it how bad makeup wipes are for my skin, I just want my bed! x

        Delete
    2. i'm honestly guilty of all of these!! I try to use a cleanser to take makeup off, but after a night out or when you're just feeling tired and lazy, makeup wipes are so convenient! also, as much as i hate to admit it, i think i only wash my brushes about once a month! it's just that one job everyone hates haha!

      http://littlewitchqueen.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate washing my brushes, to the point where I try to use as few as possible now! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx