• 16.7.15

    4 THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILST BLOGGING

    Since blogging, I have come across number of things that I have learnt a long the way. All of these things, I’ve experienced myself, so I’m going to share with you a handful of things that I’ve learnt over the past two and a half years!
    1| It’s Not An Essay
    As I study a lot of essay-based subjects, when I’m writing blog posts, I sometimes forget that I’m not writing an English or Politics essay. Writing as if I’m writing an essay is not fun or interesting, however sometimes I can’t help but write like it. Sorry!

    2| Don’t Get Caught Up With Numbers
    Blogging is merely a hobby for me, however the more serious and business-y aspect does require an interest in the statistics of page views and followers etc. It’s really easy to get caught up in the numbers and compare to other bloggers, but just remember that the only thing that remotely matters is enjoying what you’re writing. Getting bogged down with numbers really takes the enjoyment out of blogging, so just enjoy interacting with your readers and producing content you like.

    3| Quality Over Quantity
    There’s no point in writing everyday if you feel that the quality of your content is being compromised. I tend to write either everyday or every other day during the holidays as I have more time on my hands, however during term time, I post a couple times a week. I find that if I write so frequently during term time, not only is my blog content shoddy, but also so is my other work.

    4| You Don’t Need To Follow Others, Develop Your Own Ideas
    Your blog is your little corner of the Internet for you to write about whatever you want. Don’t follow what everyone else does, just because it seems like the popular thing people are interested in and want to read. There’s a different demographic for everyone and the right people will also find your content interesting!

    Do you have any tips for blogging?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Agree with no1! I have to turn my uni mind off and my blog mind on!

      Hannah Rose

      ReplyDelete
    2. All of these points are so, so true!
      I need to remind myself of point number one often.
      Leanne xx
      nailsandteapots

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Number one is a hard one to remember! x

        Delete
    3. Definitely agree with all of these points, I think sometimes people get too caught up with numbers and forget why they started to blog in the first place!

      farfromperfectionxo.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree. The numbers is probably one of my least favourite aspects of blogging! x

        Delete
    4. I love these tips! I definitely agree with all of them, thank you for sharing x

      ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome, I'm glad you like it! x

        Delete
    5. You made some great points. I have to remember to just keep going, because I can tend to get bogged down by numbers and then when the numbers aren't going my way I tend to give up and think why bother. So now I am just going to keep trying to keep going because I enjoy blogging, and as long as 1 person likes to read my blog, I will just carry on. Great blog post.

      zoea2812.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx