• 21.8.15

    STRIPPED BACK SKINCARE | BACK TO BASICS


    Being a teenager, unfortunately for me, I'm prone to acne. When it comes to skincare, I have a pretty detailed skincare routine. Despite my extensive skincare routine and the range of products I use, varying from high end to drugstore, my skin is still not how I'd like it to be. There's always a time when I've got at least one noticeable spot and this really affects the way my makeup applies to my skin. I've decided to strip back my skincare and go back to basics and eliminate any extra steps.

    CLEANSER: The Body Shop Nutriganics Cleanser
    I’ve been using this cleanser on and off for about a year. I love the way that it’s a foam and lathers on the skin. I know that foaming cleansers aren’t particularly recommended by dermatologists, but I just happen to really enjoy using this cleanser!

    TONER: The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner
    Because my skin is blemish prone, I like to use a product that treats it on a daily basis to try and keep it under control. I’ve found that since using this, I don’t have as many blemishes and when I do, they’re not there for as long as this helps to eliminate them.

    MOISTURISER: Elizabeth Arden Refining Moisturiser
    It’s perfect for this time of year as it’s extremely rich and hydrating, yet sinks into the skin really quickly. I hate waiting around for my moisturiser to sink in, but this absorbs really quickly as well as being nice and hydrating for my dehydrated skin.

    TREATMENT: Sudocream
    I've started using Sudocream to help treat my acne, scarring and dry areas. I figured, it's good enough for a baby's bum (which are notoriously soft), then it's good enough for my face. I now sound like a cream, but you catch my drift! It's a really thick consistency and is really hard to rub into the skin, however I like to sleep in it and allow it to work its magic.


    What's your favourite skincare product?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx