• 30.8.15

    AUGUST FAVOURITES

    August has been a pretty calm month for me and in all honesty, I’m quite glad that it’s over, as I’m ready to get back into the swing of things with a proper schedule. This is the last month that I’ll be posting content everyday, and I’m looking forward to my new blogging schedule, which I spoke about here. With regards to products I’ve not got a huge amount of favourites, but the few I have got are pretty good!

    I’ve really enjoyed a natural base over the past few months and I’ve been trying various different light bases. The latest is the Body Shop All In One BB Cream. I initially tried this product last year in the shade 03, however recently they released shade 04 and it’s a much better match for me! It’s a lovely sheer and dewy base and I’ve loved using this on days when I want ‘no makeup, makeup’.

    If you’re a devoted reader to my blog, you’ll know that I’m a highlighter fiend and that I love a good highlight! The latest addition that I’ve been using and abusing this month is The Balm Betty – Lumaniser, which is the most intense highlighter that I own. I’ve been using it in the evenings and throughout the day. This shade in particular is a more golden-bronzey highlight and looks absolutely gorgeous on the cheeks!

    Since, my Mini MAC Haul, I’ve really been loving two products. The first being MAC Fix+ which is a setting spray. I’ve tried it in a couple different ways, the first being to set my makeup, however I didn’t feel that it really did anything. I then used it to dampen my brushes and I love how it makes my base go on a lot smoother and a little bit sheerer! The other MAC product I’ve really loved this month is Smoked Purple Lipstick. This is a beautiful deep, vampy purple and makes any simple and minimal makeup look a lot more perfected and put together.

    There has been one standout skincare product this month and comes in the form of Sudocream. I’ve been applying this to my blemishes and dry skin. It really helps to tame down my breakouts and to really hydrate the drier areas. It is a really thick cream, so I tend to apply it before bed and go to sleep in it because it sinks fully by the time I wake up!

    Onto nails, there has been one nail polish that I’ve been reaching from! I’ve really been enjoying having a sheer, pale pink nails. Whenever I’ve had my nails painted, I’ve used Essie Limo-Scene, which is a gorgeous pale pink and looks so natural and effortless on the nails.



    What have you been loving this month?!

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. These all sound like such lovely picks! I used to love the Tea Tree BB cream from TBS but this year I've found it to be a little heavy feeling on my skin, so I'm definitely going to be giving this one a swatch when I'm next in store. Love the shades of the lipstick and nail polish too :) x
      Charlotte's Road

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you & I'm sure you'll love it! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx