• 15.8.13

    The Red Polish Rooster

    From as far as I can remember, red nail polish has been one of my favourite colours to purchase. There's something about red nail polish that makes me feel sophisticated and a little more ladylike. Some people could argue that red nail polish is for Autumn/Winter time, but I beg to defer, red is an all-year colour, however the intensity of the shade could determine whether it's for Winter/Summer. Believe it or not, pink has not touched my tips for weeks now; so welcome the rooster red nail polish crop...

    From as far as I can remember, red nail polish has been one of my favourite colours to purchase. There's something about red nail polish that makes me feel sophisticated and a little more ladylike. Some people could argue that red nail polish is for Autumn/Winter time, but I beg to defer, red is an all-year colour, however the intensity of the shade could determine whether it's for Winter/Summer. Believe it or not, pink has not touched my tips for weeks now; so welcome the rooster red nail polish crop...

    Maybelline 'Candy Apple': deep, and highly pigmented, with a creamy, thick consistency. This colour brings an instant seasonal update to your tips. With the glossy, gelly finish, it's chip-free for 3-4 days. The brush allows a professional and precise finish.

    Models Own 'Red Alert': With the thick consistency, one coat is all you need. I prefer to use two as it makes the colour a tad bolder. The brush is very good as it applies a good amount of product onto your nails which also means that there are no streaks on the nails.

    Maybelline 'Power Red': If you want your nails to be a bold feature of your attire, this is an amazing colour to use as the colour is so bright and powerful as the name suggests). The product has a lovely glossy finish and this shade is an amazing colour for summer as it is beautifully bright.

    OPI 'Red Lights Ahead...Where': This is a very bright coral. This is a great colour for Spring/Summer as it's considerably bright and is insanely glossy at the finish. For a deeper opacity, you could apply three coats. This is a perfect summertime shade to highlight tanned skin and is a dream to apply.

    Essie 'Hip Anema': They say 'be true to yourself' and this nail polish is true to red. This is the ultimate spring colour. The application is amazing and applies like a dream!


    I hope you enjoyed this post...which colour is your favourite?
    Have you entered my giveaway? If not click here

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I agree red is a all year colour tbh.
      I am also a big lover of the colour red.
      Great post.
      http://stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk/
      Claudia x

      ReplyDelete
    2. great post, i love red nails!
      following you via gfc and bloglovin now :)

      happy weekend!<3, getcarriedaway

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx