• 1.6.15

    CURRENT BEAUTY FAVOURITES | APRIL & MAY


    I didn’t write a monthly favourites for April as I had exams coming up and I didn’t really have many products to talk about, so I thought I’d combine April and May as I thought I would have more products to talk about! I didn’t realize just how many products I would have enjoyed using, so prepare yourself for a hefty monthly favourites, but it’s a good’en!
    MAKEUP
    When it comes to spring/summer, I love going lighter on the base but still with a bit of coverage. I’ve been loving the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (£29.00). It’s great for an everyday base as it hydrates and protects the skin, however it doesn’t really look like you have a base on, just more perfected, but natural skin. Continuing with the base, I have gone back to the Sleek Face Form Kit (£9.99) instead of using creams or foundations to contour. When used with the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush, it creates such a lovely a natural contour. The contour is cool tone; therefore mimicking a shadow and the brush isn’t too dense and it distributes the product evenly.

    Another product that I have rekindled my love with is the Soap&Glory Brow Archery (£8.00), I haven’t really had time to use my Illamasqua Brow Gel, and so I’ve quickly been filling in any sparse areas on my brows, to achieve a strong yet natural brow! A mascara I’ve been obsessing over lately is the Maybelline Lash Sensational (£7.99), it’s perfect for both everyday and an evening out as it not only lengthens, but adds volume as well. The formula is really wet, which means it’s easier to add more coats on once each layer has dried.

    Onto actual eyes, I’ve been entirely engrossed with Max Factor for eyeshadows, in particular their cream and gel shadows! The Max Factor Wild Shadow in Caramel Rage (£5.99) has been my go-to for everyday wear as it’s super easy to swipe over the lid and blend with a synthetic brush; it looks really lovely all over the lid with such little effort! The Max Factor Excess Shimmer shadows in Copper and Bronze (£7.99) are also really stunning for a wash of colour over the lids! I love pairing all three of these shadows with lashings of mascara and a brown liner on the lash line to thicken my lashes. 

    SKINCARE
    I’ve made it no secret that I’m acne and blemish prone, I’ve been a fan of tea tree oil for years now, as it really helps with my spots. I thought that The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner (£5.00) would help prevent and reduce the appearance of spots if I used it twice a day, which it really has. I’ve not really had any small raised bumps and when I have broken out, they’ve been big, but less frequent and healed quickly. As a result of being blemish prone, I’m very familiar of pigmentation and if I’m honest, it’s the thing that makes me the most self conscious about my skin. Lets face it pigmentation is ugly. I’ve recently been using the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum* (£45.00) and when I use this product, it really hydrates my skin and makes it silky soft and smooth; more importantly, it has treated my skin and reduced the appearance of my pigmentation, to the point where I’ve gone out without wearing any base of concealer! 

    Removing my makeup at the end of the day is literally the bain of my life, I hate it; but going to bed with makeup is a no no for me, not only is it not good for the skin, but I hate waking up with my lashes stuck together from my mascara and more importantly, I have white bedding. The Nivea Eye Makeup Remover (£3.89) really quickly and efficiently removes my eye makeup, as the evident oil in it breaks down my makeup within a few minutes ready for me to cleanse!

    FRAGRANCE
    I wasn’t initially going to include a fragrance, as I didn’t realize I had been loving one in particular until, I walked into my room the other day and got a huge whiff of the Chloe Original Eau De Parfum* (£44.50) and I realized that it has been my current go-to fragrance! It’s the perfect scent for spring/summer as it has it is such a pretty light and floral scent! 

    What have you been loving recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx