• 12.6.15

    I'M BACK! BACK TO BLOGGER

    I’ve recently made a comeback to Blogger! There were a number of factors that made me leave to Squarespace, however a year has passed now and I’ve decided to come back to blogger. I thought I’d touch upon a handful of the reasons why I’ve decided to come back, just in case anyone is thinking about starting or moving a blog to consider a few factors.

    1| I LEFT AS MY DESIGN WASN’T UPTO PAR
    One of the reasons why I left blogger to go to Squarespace was because I hated my blog design. However I’ve finally found a design that I love! The design that you’re currently seeing right now is my new blog design! I love how minimal and simplistic it is! The white and black colour scheme is so ‘me’ and I love how bright it is!

    2| I DIDN’T LIKE MY SQUARESPACE DESIGN
    It got to a point where I started to get bored of my squarespace design. This was a huge decision making factor for me! Squarepace is a great platform and is easy to change the design as it mainly consists of blocks, however I wanted something a little more. Very few people actually design for squarespace, so it was extremely difficult to find someone to professionally design it for me.

    3| THERE WASN’T AS MANY VIEWS
    As much as I don’t like to get bogged down with blog traffic, it is a big element of the more serious to  side blogging. At first I didn’t mind, however when I saw that my old and outdated blog was getting roughly the same amount of views, without me publishing new content, it started to irritate me as I was putting in a lot of time and hard work for something that had the same stats as something I had somewhat neglected months ago.

    4| END OF CONTRACT
    It was coming towards the end of my annual contract and I didn’t know whether I could pay for another year of hosting, for something that I believed had an unsatisfying design and not as many views.


    So, I’m back!

    Whould you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx