• 13.6.15

    STAPLE SCENTS

    Perfumes rarely make an appearance on my blog other than in the odd monthly favourites, so I thought it was about time to start talking about my staple scents. Being a fragrance fiend, I have more than one-person needs, but a girl needs options, however I found whittling them down rather easy as I have a handful of fragrances that I reach for on a regular basis, especially on days when I don’t know what scent to wear!

    When it comes to scents, I despise of sickly sweet scents and I’ve become more favourable of light floral scents! The first comes from Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede, which is a beautiful light, and fresh scent that lingers throughout the entire day. It’s actually one of two all-time favourites scents! My other favourite scent happens to be another floral scent, which comes in the form of Chloe Eau De Parfum*. This is another gorgeous light floral scent, which is one of those scents that you don’t have to think about, knowing that it’s non-offensive and appropriate for any occasion!

    As aforementioned, I don’t like sickly sweet scents, which I find a lot of celebrity fragrances are. However the closest I get to sweet scents is firstly Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, which is probably the sweetest fragrance I will ever own. Despite it having a sweet element, it’s tamed by the muskiness and there’s a hint of floral. The other fragrance is another one from Jo Malone and it’s Pomegranate Noir and it’s an odd one because it’s not obviously sweet but is very fruity. I find it quite dark and sultry.

    The final scent is extremely musky due to the fact that it was intended to be worn by men. I personally love men’s fragrances as they have extra long lasting power. The Ted Baker Extraordinary fragrance is super musky but I absolutely love it! I love it more so on days when I know I’m going to be out all day or if I’m having a really busy day! It makes for a great everyday fragrance!


    What are your staple scents?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Viva La Juicy is one of my favourite scents! The bottle is so pretty too. I'm currently loving Noir from the same brand, I think I like it even more than Viva La Juicy xx

      Kate | A British Sparkle

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've never heard of Noir, I'll have to check it out! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx