• 6.6.15

    CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES

    Last week, I was having one of those days where I was just bored and nothing was really doing it for me, so I thought I would have a go at making chocolate brownies as this is something that I have never done and what better time to start than when you’re bored and have nothing to do? Much to my surprise, they actually turned out pretty well and so I thought I’d share the recipe that helped me achieve these delicious brownies!
    This recipe actually produces 24 brownies which evidently didn’t faze me, however when it came down to cutting them into pieces, I was shocked to say the least. As I’m trying this whole healthy eating melarchy, I decided to stop at my second (or third) brownie and brought them round to my Nan’s house for my family to enjoy!

    Ingredients:
    115g (4oz) Plain Chocolate
    115g (4oz) Butter
    3 Medium Sized Eggs
    200g (7oz) Sugar
    ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
    Pinch of Salt
    140g (5oz) Plain Flour
    170g (6oz) Chocolate Chips

    1. Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas Mark 4 and line the baking tray with grease-proof paper and grease.
    2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
    3. Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and fold in. Add the chocolate chips.
    4. Pour the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Bake until just set for about 30 minutes.
    5. When cool, remove from the tin and cut up in squares ready for serving.


    Enjoy!

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx