• 11.6.15

    WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG? | SPRING ROTATION

    I recently revamped my makeup bag for spring, I absolutely love changing up my makeup bag as I get to use products that I may not use as often and I get to follow the reinvigorated trends for the season. A handful of the products I use are genuine staples in my collection and very rarely get changed up unless, I’m trying something out for reviewing purposes, but some things are too good to replace! I currently use the Zoeva makeup bag that I got with my Zoeva Rose Gold Brush set. I love it as it’s really slim, so it doesn’t take up too much room, but still fits in all my everyday necessities!

    As always, I have my Maybelline Pore Eraser primer, which I absolutely love and has been a staple in my collection consistently for over a year now. I love using this before my makeup as it allows my base to go on really nicely and also prolongs the wear of my makeup. For the base, I have been loving the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, as it’s perfect for a light, natural base for the spring! Another staple in my collection is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, which I like for an everyday basis as it’s medium coverage and is great for under the eye as well as on blemishes. I recently switched up my MAC MSF for my Maybelline Fit Me powder, which is nice and compact and I feel like it’s a cheaper alternative for the MAC MSF powder.

    I’ve been going to and fro with highlighters, switching between creams, powders and mousses however I went back to the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Duo, which adds a nice subtle highlight to the cheeks and captures the light beautifully! I recently For days when I don’t want to wear an actual blusher or highlighter, I have my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in diffused heat, which is a nice blusher/highlighter hybrid and adds a nice, flush of colour to the cheeks! I’ve gone back to powder contour, in the form of the Sleek Face Form Kit, which enhances my natural contours.

    I don’t have any lip products in here, as I tend to switch it up on a daily basis, however I have quite a few eye products. I’ve demoted my Illamasqua Brow gel to the Muji drawers, as the Soap& Glory Archery is quicker for the early mornings especially with my Maybelline Brow Drama, which is literally the best brow set I’ve tried. I’ve got two eye primers so I can choose which one I use depending on the makeup look I want. A familiar suspect is the Urban Decay Primer Potion, however a newbie is the Laura Mercier Eye canvas, which is a nice salmony pink, which counteracts any blue veins. A new favourite is the Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Bronze, which is perfect for an easy but pretty everyday shade adding a hint of shimmer. For mascara, I have the Maybelline Lash Sensational, which is another new favourite, perfect for adding a bit of length and a lot of volume to the lashes!


    Do you have any staples in your makeup bag?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Wow, great product you have there! And the Zoeva bag is lovely! I tend to mostly have lipstick on me, nothing else, and they tend to accumulate over the week ^^

      Z ♥
      http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'm the same, the amount of lipsticks that end up in my handbag is beyond insane! x

        Delete
    2. Sounds like a great routine! I love a lot of the same products, especially the Maybelline and Urban Decay primers. I've been wanting to try the Lash Sensational mascara, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
      x Krista

      www.lovekrista.com | bloglovin’: Love, Krista

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'll try and get a review up asap! x

        Delete
    3. At the moment some of my staples are the Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer and the Benefit Roller Lash mascara.

      zoea2812.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They sound nice! I'll have to check them out! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx