• 2.7.14

    MONTHLY FAVOURITES | JUNE

    This month I’ve been trying my fair share of new products and only some of them have made the cut. As well as trying new products, I have also rediscovered some things that I had stopped using since I started trying some other new things.

    Whenever I’ve worn foundation this month, it has always been the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, as it’s such a fantastic foundation for summer. It’s very light on the skin and has a very natural and dewy look and all in all, just makes your skin look naturally flawless. To accompany this, I’ve been absolutely fixated with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer which is supposedly comparable to the Nars Creamy concealer. This concealer gives medium coverage and nicely conceals under eye circles and blemishes. Unlike some other concealers, this one in particular doesn’t crease under the eye. A rediscovered powder that I have really enjoyed using is the Vichy Dermablend setting powder; I actually bought this in March, but until recently I’ve only just started properly using it. It’s very finely milled and therefore doesn’t feel like I’ve applied another layer of makeup onto the face, however succeeds in setting my makeup and eliminates all the shine. The only blusher that I’ve been wearing this month is the RevolutionVivid Blush Lacquer. I love liquid products in the summer as they look a little bit more natural. It’s a greatly pigmented product, especially for a cheaper brand.

    Sometimes I’ve opted for the ‘au naturel’ look and so I’ve gone very simple and basic on the eye and for this I’ve been obsessed with the MAC eyeshadow in Bronze which is a pretty shimmery bronze colour which looks gorgeous on the eye and can be brought to an evening look by adding a brown eyeshadow into the crease. When I found out that Revlon recently launched some new eyeshadows, I was so excited. I have three out of the twenty eyeshadows (oyster, taupe & plum) and they make such a beautiful trio. For those days when I’ve wanted something a little more out there, I’ve whacked all three on for a plummy smoked eye.

    Since my beloved Sleek Brow Stylist came to an end, I thought I’d go back to my trustee BodyShop Brow and Liner Kit. It’s a staple in my collection and gives a really nice and natural but strong brow and isn’t too overpowering. I don’t tend to dabble in mascaras; however I thought I’d give the Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara another go since I used to love it a few years ago when I first started wearing makeup. It gives so much volume without looking clumping and spidery. Following on from the natural look, I’ve abandoned the winged liner for the Model Co liner to give the top lash line more depth. It is the most pigmented black liner that I have ever tried and has really great staying power.

    For months now, I’ve been using the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm as it’s a great lip balm and treatment for both day and night. I love using this when the weather is transitioning and whenever I have chapped lips, I always go to this as I know it will do a good job at nourishing and hydrating my lips. Whenever I’ve been unsure of what to put on my lips, I’ve always opted for the Revlon Lip Butterin Juicy Papaya as I just dab it on and it gives a natural look as well as hydrating the lips too.

    Throughout the month, I’ve been alternating between two different colours on my nails, the first being the new Revlon Parfumerie nail polish in Ginger Melon which is a pretty summery pink and between Hip Anema by Essie which is a lovely orangey red shade. On my tootsies, I’ve only worn the Models Own Gel polish in White light as I’ve recently rekindled my love for white nail polish.

    For blending in concealer, I’ve been really enjoying using the Real Techniques MiracleComplexion sponge as it gives a really airbrushed look and I also use it to make sure my foundation is blended in properly, it also washes amazingly! I’ve recently restarted curling my lashes as I’ve finally found a really good eyelash curler from Boots (as I’m trying to decide between the Shu Urmera and Japanesque curlers). My lashes really hold the curl and these curlers just make a really big difference!

    What’s been your favourite product this month?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx