• 28.7.14

    BEDROOM MOOD BOARD

    Being the indecisive person that I am, soon I am going to be redecorating my room which I'm so excited about because I'm hooked on anything that involves interior design and organisation. Over the years, my bedroom has changed dramatically from baby pink walls, to an aubergine feature wall which is a result of the many phases I go through. At the moment, I'm all about white. White walls, bedding, cushions, wardrobe...everything! Some may see it as a very clinical colour, however I see it as a clean and bright colour.

    A lot of people prefer brighter colours because they may have small rooms, however I don't fall into that category as my bedroom is the main room in the house; the only default is the fact that my room is narrow which in all honesty doesn't float my boat.  I was thinking about opting for feature wall of white vertical stripes to create the illusion that the room is taller to balance out the dimensions, however I've decided to go for brilliant white for the entire room.
    To break up the white, I'm going to have pops of silver and glass around the room. My bed is a silver bed with crystals in the frame which I love and little trinkets and photo frames are also going to be either silver or crystal/acrylic to maintain the brightness of the room.

    I have always been obsessed with vintage floor length mirrors, I think that they add so much character and luxury to the room, as well as obviously being able to take a selfie or two in them. I do feel that my room is a nice mix of both modern and classic as I like to incorporate them both into what I like. I'm really faux fur accessories, especially faux fur cushions and the small rug. I think that the cushions and the rug tie really nicely together and add some form of warmth to the room.
    Over the past couple of years or so, my makeup collection and storage has changed a lot as I'm very indecisive. I'm pretty much sure that I'm going to finally pick up some Muji drawers to house the majority of my makeup as they look really clean and provided my makeup remains organised, I think it will look pretty good. I already have the Malm drawers from IKEA which I think I'm going to pop in my everyday essentials, so that they're all in one place.

    I'm all for a nice bouquet of fresh flowers, however constantly maintaining this can be inconvenient as they always die and have to be watered so I'm going to pick up some fake flowers which will look nice all year round and I won't need to remember to water them and give their plant food, all in all it's probably due to the lazy part of me, but I'm all for fake flowers all the way!
    I love cushions and in so many American films, you see huge beds crowned with lots of cushions of different sizes and textures and I'm going to attempt to do the same with white and silver cushions as I think it will look really nice especially with a fluffy throw that I've already picked up from IKEA.

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx