• 5.7.14

    LATEST EYESHADOW EDITIONS TO REVLON | SHADOWLINKS

    Revlon ShadowLinks, £2.99, Link
    When I found out that Revlon were going to be releasing some new eyeshadows, I was really excited as I’ve never tried one of their quads before as they’ve never really appealed to me, however when I read about the concept of these shadows being interchangeable, I was all for it. Revlon is definitely one of my favourite brands from the drugstore bringing good quality yet affordable products together.
    I ordered three of the Revlon Shadowlinks online and when they came, I was shocked to say the least; the size of them were a lot smaller than I had imagined having seen many pictures online. The shadows are very slim and sleek and I love the aspect of linking them together, kind of making your own little duos, trios and quads etc which I really like as I feel that way you get a lot more use out of them as it’s colours you have chosen as opposed to colours others feel work well together which you may not necessarily agree with. With these eyeshadows being interchangeable, they make great picks for travelling as they’re so compact and you could easily take your favourite colour.
    The eyeshadows themselves are relatively pigmented and the concentration of the colour can also be built up. There are four different finishes available; matte, satin, metallic and pearl. Although in my opinion the eyeshadows can seem to be a little bit chalky, they are still very easy to blend on the eye.
    There are twenty shades available and to start off with, I have three of those; oyster, taupe and plum. I wanted to choose three that would work really nicely together. Oyster is a shimmery off-white shade in a metallic finish which I like to use to highlight. Taupe is a nice subtle, everyday colour which can be swiped all over the lid and has a satin finish. Plum is a gorgeous deeper purple which has a matte finish and looks amazing in the crease.

    I would recommend this product especially for those of you on a budget and would like a cheaper alternative to the same ideology as MAC eyeshadows for a fraction of the price. I really like these eyeshadows and I will definitely pick up some more colours, although I think I’ll stick to mattes as they seem to have a softer feel and look to them.


    Have you tried these? What do you think?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx