• 29.6.16

    JUNE FAVOURITES

    I am so happy that I have finally finished my exams a couple days ago and now my summer has officially started! As you can imagine, I wasn't trying out a whole lot of products as I was focussing on my exams, but on the odd occasion when I did decide to make an effort and put on some makeup, I actually happened to rediscover some products that I really enjoyed using!

    I've been using my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher a lot more lately. Particularly when I haven't wanted to opt for an actual blusher or highlighter as this product is a hybrid of the two. I personally really like that it isn't too pigmented because it gives me more control and allows me to build the pigment which helps me to achieve a natural everyday look. Along with blusher, the only highlighter I have been using recently is the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Duo. Although this product has a contour and highlight, I only use it for the highlighter as the contour is a tad too light for me. I love using cream products in the spring/summer as it looks like I have a natural glow as the candlelight highlighter gives a really subtle glow.
     
    My most used fragrance over the past few weeks has been the Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay Cologne. This is different to the other Jo Malone fragrances I own as its stronger and has a more fruity note to it, but like all the other Jo Malone fragrances, it lingers throughout the entire day and doesn't need me to top it up half way through!

     I have only been using one eyeshadow this month and it has been the Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Copper. I also have bronze which I have always preferred to copper, but I made a conscious effort to use this and I have taken a real liking to it. It's a pinky champagne shade and I love how I can apply and blend this with my fingers and I can achieve a nice and natural look with this by adding some mascara and eyeliner. 

    The Maybelline Lip Velvet in Berry Much has been my go to lip product this month. It has a nice pinky/purple tone which would be perfect for all skin tones. When I wear this on nights out, I apply it straight from the bullet for the full pigmentation, but I haven't been on any nights out lately due to exam season, so I apply it with my finger for a more sheer finish and a hint of tint. Despite being a lip pencil, I don't find it drying on the lips at all! 

    What have you been loving lately?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Great picks! That Hourglass blush looks pretty!

      Nicole | In The Life of NM

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've really been loving the Hourglass blush too! Lately I have been obsessed with the Gerard Cosmetics Setting Spray and NYX Butter Glosses.

      Emmy | EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm still yet to try the notorious NYX Butter Glosses, I need to pick some up! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx