• 1.6.16

    STAYING ON TOP OF THINGS WHEN LIFE GETS BUSY

    One of the hardest things to do is to stay on top of everything when life gets busy. Last year I became really stressed and I was told by a councillor that it may be because over the past few years, I've become less organised. Over the past few months, I've been trying really hard to stay on top of everything especially, as it's currently exam season, so here are a few tips on how to keep everything under control!

    PRIORITISE - You need to remember that you can't do everything! By prioritising, you can do the things that are the most important or that has the closest deadlines. For example if you have an essay, need to tidy your room, run errands and update your phone just list the things you need to do in order of importance.

    SCHEDULE - If you have a blog or a Youtube channel, scheduling is your best friend! It allows me to write it beforehand and still have current and relevant content up and means that I don't have to stress about not having any content up on my blog for long periods of time. I also schedule my tweets for my blog related things so that I know my blog is being promoted without having to remember to do it on the day!

    PLAN and PREPARE - Planning is the half of any task. When I'm going to dedicate a day to taking blog photos, the day before I put the props and products in individual piles with post-it notes as that in itself saves a lot of time. The same goes for when I'm writing essays, I plan everything paragraph by paragraph with points and examples and then it makes it easier to beef up the essay with all the other crap!

    MAKE LISTS - By making lists, you know exactly what you need to do. But be realistic in knowing what you can achieve within your time period. When you stick to your list it means that you'll be more productive and will procrastinate less as you'll know exactly where to start and you will feel a lot more accomplished at the end.

    How do you stay on top of things when life gets busy?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Making a list is one of the key things I do when I have a lot of things I need to get done, I also write it in order of the hardest/the task I am most dreading and go down to the easiest and tackle it head on. Just get on with it, really. If I can do anything to make the tasks easier then I will i.e. listen to a music or watch a show while I am updating my CV makes the task significantly less boring. Great post x

      ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, I've found making lists really efficient way of getting things done!

        &Thank you x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx