• 19.6.16

    A GUIDE TO INSTAGRAM

    Instagram is most definitely my favourite social networking sites. Some people love Twitter, others love Tumblr or Pinterest, I just happen to like Twitter! I'm by no means a social media guru, but I like to think that I know a thing or two when it comes to Instagram. I don't have hundreds of thousands of followers, but I somewhat use that to my advantage as it means I'm not gaining interest because I have loads of followers, but instead by technique and content.

    Comment on Others' Photos
    By showing interest on other peoples photos, you'll not only gain recognition but you'll also gain rapport with that user. This is something that I fail to do a lot of the time, instead, I just sit there endlessly liking photos instead, however that is still a form of interaction and one that more often than not doesn't go unrecognised. 

    Hashtag
    Some people find hashtags embarrassing, but I don't care and I'll shamelessly use them. That's why they're there. So that people can find relevant photos to what they're looking for. There's no point in someone being bombarded with pictures of burgers when in actual fact, they want to find fitness inspiration! 

    Find A Popular Time
    This is likely to be different for everyone, however over time I've unconsciously posted photos up at various different times. In doing this I've found the most popular time for me to post is from 7PM GMT up to around 10PM GMT. Like I said this may differ depending on your following, but you'll rarely see me posting at 11AM as most people aren't on their phones. 

    Make It Aesthetically Pleasing
    A lot of people laugh at those who have a particular theme to their Instagram and think that we're taking it "too seriously" however for me personally, my Instagram is a representation of my blog and if my Instagram is looking messy and uncluttered, most people will automatically think that's how my blog is. Social media and blogging go hand in hand and both help one another. Just remember there's nothing wrong with a bit of editing (I find it quite therapeutic).

    What are your thoughts on Instagram?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Lovely post! I like Instagram too, although I also like Pinterest, facebook, flickr etc. For me I enjoy Instagram as a platform to share my photography and interests. I find having a private account works better for me, but I don’t mind adding people who I find interesting. I like browsing blogging and lifestyle accounts for fun too! :-) xx

      Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you. I need to get into Pinterest and Facebook more. I can see why you'd have a private account, as I often find myself not including more personal photos as they don't fit into the aesthetic of my Instagram page, but at the same time I like put all my effort into one account! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx