• 17.10.15

    WHY I BLOG

    Whenever people find out that I have a blog, one of the questions that tend to get asked is “Why do you blog?” If whilst talking to my friends I bring up something I need to go home and do with regards to blogging, they always say it seems like so much effort. Once, I was prepping a photo for instagram and scheduling some tweets, my friend Tunica, said that it’s so long. In all honesty, blogging is a long process, however I wouldn’t for one minute continue to do it if it was something that I genuinely enjoyed because I’m the sort of person who will stop doing something I don’t enjoy because life’s too short to do something you don’t enjoy doing. Anyway, here are some of the reasons why I’ve been blogging for almost three years and counting…

    The first and main reason as to why I blog is because I own my blog and I can write about whatever I want and post whenever I want. Although my blog is predominantly about beauty, one day I might review a beauty product, however the next day I can write about an rambles, travel and fashion etc. I like not being dictated to only writing about one thing. As my blog has a very universal name therefore not having preconceived expectations to being purely about beauty or fashion etc. Another thing is that because it’s my blog, I can post as much or little as I want. Since starting my blog, I’ve posted as little as once a week to everyday during time frames. You may have noticed, but I’m a little bit of a control freak, so having this flexibility really works well for me.

    Over the past seven years or so, I’ve developed a passion for photography and having my blog allows me to showcase my photographs. I can also experiment with various different aspects to photography from cameras and lenses, to positioning and focus. I really like that I can see how much my photography and camera skills have improved over the years. A large aspect of blogging is photography, as it tends to be the first thing people see and is automatically drawn (or opposed) to. Not to mention, I always feel immensely proud and eager to publish a blog post if I’m really excited for the photos!

    One of the really exciting sides to blogging is the interaction with people who share common interests with you. When I started my blog, I only really wrote about beauty. At the time, my friends weren’t really interested in makeup and finding the perfect product for them; so being able to reply to comments and also meet people who have interests in the same field is really nice too! Until about a year ago, my friends really didn’t take advantage of my knowledge of products, however now it’s all “what’s a really good brow set” and “what mascara is good for lengthening”! (It’s nice to feel needed and useful for something!). And voila! They are a handful of reasons why I love blogging so much to dedicate so much time, effort and money into such a hobby!


    Do you have a blog? If so, why do you like it so much?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx