• 15.10.15

    TRAVEL BEAUTY CHECKLIST

    This time next week, I’ll be across the pond, in America. Being a blogger and the avid beauty lover I am, I have compiled the beauty bits that I’ll be taking with me to the states despite the extensive shopping list I have saved in the notes section on my iPhone. If you too have an upcoming trip and are feeling a little lost about what to take, I’ve made a cheeky little beauty checklist to help you too, if this blog post doesn’t help you (link at the end of the post!).

    I have really jam-packed days ahead of me, so it is important that my makeup stays in place all day, so I’ll be taking a primer with me, in the form of the Maybelline Pore Eraser primer. If you’ve read my blog for some time, you’ll know that this is one of my absolute favourite products! For base, I’ll be taking my trustee Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser as it lasts really well on me and provides a nice coverage, especially with it being a light base. Another staple product I’ll be lugging with me is my all-time favourite concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me. This is a really buildable product, so will work really well under the eye as well as on any blemishes. To set my makeup in place, to increase longevity, the powder I’ve chosen is the MAC MSF in Dark Golden because it’s a nice baked product that doesn’t look cakey and just sets my makeup in place and reduces any shine. I’m obsessed with contour and highlighting and to fit the bill, I’ll be taking the Sleek Face Form Kit to highlight with and The Balm Betty Lu-Manizer to give me a beautiful glow! To bring this entire look together, I’m taking my current favourite blusher with me, in the form of the L’Oreal Blush in Peach, which is a beautiful understated blusher.

    For eyes, I most definitely need a primer as my eyes can literally crease for London. However the Laura Mercier Eye Canvas will be my savior! The palette I’ve decided to take with me is the Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette, as it will work great for any occasions, whether it is sightseeing or going out to dinner etc. the range of mattes and shimmers make this a really versatile eyeshadow palette. If I want a quick and easy wash of colour on the lids, I’m taking a Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Bronze for my cream eyeshadow substitute. To pull my eye look together, I’ve packed an eyeliner. The Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner, which, for me is the best liner for an easy eyeliner job! For mascara, I’ll be taking the L’Oreal Telescopic mascara, which is lovely for such long and fluttery lashes. On the brow front, I’m taking my beloved Soap & Glory Brow Archery with the Maybelline Brow Drama for a strong, yet natural brow!

    Onto the topic of lips! I’m going to try and be really restrictive because I know I’m going to stock up when I’m in the states! For lipstick, I’m taking my Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry for a sheer everyday lip colour and for the evenings, I’m taking MAC Sin lipstick for a beautiful bold lip! I’m not really one for lip gloss, however the lip balm I’m obsessed with is the Nuxe Reve De Miel as it’s a great lip balm and treatment at the same time.

    Moving onto face and body. For the face, I’m going to try and be really streamlined and only take the skincare products that were featured in my back to basics post. I will be taking a couple other skincare products too, including my Sarah Chapman Intense Hydrating Booster Serum, to use after I tone, my Simple Blackhead Eliminating Exfoliator* and a miniature of my Garnier Micellar Water to remove my makeup! For the body, I’m going to take my Original Source Mint shower gel and to moisturize my body; I’m going to be using the Nivea Lotion to keep my skin nice and nourished. For tools, I’ll be throwing in my eyelash curlers from Boots along with my makeup brushes, mainly from Real Techniques and Zoeva. To top it off, I’ll be taking a sh*tload of cotton buds and cotton pads!

    What do you take with you when you go away? If you would like to check out the beauty checklist, you can find a printable PDF, here.

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx