• 30.10.15

    OCTOBER FAVOURITES

    It’s really weird to say that we are at the end of October; however it’s even weirder to think that there are only two more monthly favourites of 2015. October has been a pretty good month for me. I passed my theory test for driving and went to Washington DC, Virginia and New York. With regards to products that I’ve been loving this month, there’s not many at all, but I have truly been loving the following.

    I don’t typically use samples that I get gifted from purchases; however I’ve tried to make a conscious effort to actually utilise them instead of keeping them in my skincare drawer. I’ve been obsessed with using this Philosophy 3-in-1 Cleanser with my Magnitone Lucid Cleanser (review here). This is such a lovely gentle facial cleanser, which nicely lathers on the skin. I would recommend it if you suffer which sensitive skin as it’s not harsh or abrasive.

    Over the past month and a half, I’ve really loved using The Body Shop Camomile Oil Cleanser. I love how it basically melts my makeup away and removes the bulk of my makeup. I’m not usually a fan of oil in my skincare products, however there’s something about this that I really love!

    Out of all my Jo Malone Fragrances, I would most definitely say that I had somewhat neglected Blackberry & Bay. Thought the last few weeks, I’ve made a real effort to use this fragrance and I even took it to the states with me, so that I would it would remind me of my first time in America. It’s a lovely fruity scent with a hint of musk, which happens to be a balance I really like as it means it’s not too feminine.

    I am so anal about moisturizing my hands, as I absolutely cannot stand dry, ashy hands. I usually tend to get any moisturiser, typically from Nivea or Jergens. I thought I would try and give Soap & Glory skincare a go and with that came Hand Food, which is a hand cream. It’s safe to say that it was pretty much love at first use. I absolutely love the subtle scent and you only need the smallest amount to get your hands properly moisturized.

    Since getting my gel kit form Sensationail, I’ve not really ventured into purchasing many more shades. I have BabyDoll Pink, which is a lovely ‘barely there’ shade, however I really wanted to something that would fit really well with the colder months. I went on a hunt in Boots and found Blue Yonder. This is a gorgeous deep blue with the tiniest hint of blue shimmer, which is only noticeable in direct light.


    What have you been loving recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx