• 31.1.17

    THE BEAUTY & STYLE EDIT: JANUARY

    We are well and truly into the New Year, I hope yours all went off to a banging start - mine was meh, but I'm so determined to properly give a few things a good kick up the bum! January 2017 at a glance has been alright so fair, I had a few hiccups with what was going to be, an entire new blog (but that's sorted now - enjoy the new design!), started YouTube - again and I decided to move out of student halls a little earlier than planned (I'll talk more on that later - it's nothing bad though!). Anyway, onto the beauty and style favourites of the month and a YouTube roundup!

    BEAUTY


    The MAC Global Glow MSF is one of my all-time favourite highlighters and January was the month I put Cheeky Bronze away. Global Glow is a little bit warmer than it’s counterpart, Soft & Gentle, although now as warm as Cheeky Bronze. It is so pigmented and complimentary for so many different skin tones. I love applying this to the key points of my face – cheekbones, brow bone and tip of my nose for an all-round glow. No matter what highlighters I have in my collection, I always seem to go back to Global Glow!




    I’ve had the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer in my stash for a little bit now, and I’ve only heard great things about it, but up until recently, I have only really liked using this product. I think the key to using it, is to use a small amount, as it is silicone based and if you use too much, you’ll just have a slippery base for your makeup. I really like how lightweight this primer is as there’s nothing worse than feeling like you have layers and layers of makeup and this little travel size mini is perfect for your makeup bag.




    The Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (review) has been my go-to throughout this month. I love how easily it applies onto the skin and doesn’t feel heavy, however it is still pigmented and has a nice amount of coverage to it. I love dewy foundations and this fits the bill down to a tee. The shade ‘New Guinea’ is perfect for not only my skin tone, but also my undertone and I haven’t found it to oxidize at all. My only qualm is that it doesn’t have a pump, but I can bypass that due to how much I love this foundation. Definitely a new staple!



    Along with MAC Global Glow, the Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel (review) is another rediscovery for me. When my eyebrows a due for a threading session, I find it quite difficult to make them look semi decent with just an eyebrow pencil. The Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel makes this pesky task a lot easier to fill my brows in, whilst getting a nice look without looking like I’ve just filled my brows in with a Sharpie pen. I have the shade ‘Strike’ which is such a versatile shade and perfect for if you have ashy blonde, dark hair or anything in between.



    STYLE

    The one and only style favourite for January is my Carvela Mel Lock Tote bag. I have been gravitating towards this bag at any given opportunity! It’s so dainty, that it can be used for many different occasions and events, whether it’s popping to the shops or going to dinner. The size is a good happy medium as it’s large enough that you can fit all your necessities, but small enough to prevent you from filling it up with crap!

      YOUTUBE




    What were your favourites of January?!

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx