• 29.9.15

    SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES

    So we’re coming towards the end of September and I’m actually so glad that it’s over as September was so long and just dragged, however I’m really looking forward to October as I’ve got some exciting things planned! Anyway, onto the favourties! As usual, there have been a couple newbies and a few rediscoveries too.

    The first product that I’ve been loving this month is the Maybelline The Nudes palette. This is such a gorgeous neutral palette filled with both mattes and shimmers. I’ve loved using this palette for a simple, everyday look as well as smoking it up for more sultry makeup. This palette is really nice and pigmented and is the palette I’d definitely recommend if you’re starting out in makeup and want a good neutral palette. The simple eye makeup I’ve been doing works really well in conjunction with the L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara as it’s a lovely lengthening mascara, yet still makes lashes look really full and fluttery. To big honest, I didn’t like this at first as the formula was too wet and the wand was overfilled with product, however once it dried a little, it works a treat! My favourite product for the lips has been the Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry. My favourite natural lipstick is the Maybelline Colour Whisper in Rose of Attraction, however it’s not available in the UK, so the best replacement that I’ve found is this chubby stick. The shade super strawberry is the most naturally pink shade and is a lovely product to add a sheer wash of colour to the lips.

    There have been two products that I’ve been using on my cheeks over the past few weeks. The first is the L’Oreal Blush in Peach. This shade in particular is the most natural and would look lovely on various skin tones. This blusher isn’t too pigmented which I particularly like when it comes to blushes as I have a habit of being heavy-handed. It’s the perfect blusher when you want the eyes or lips to be the focal point. The other cheek product that I’ve recently rediscovered is the No7 Skin Illuminator. This is such a lovely highlighter for everyday use as it’s very natural on the cheeks and just adds a nice subtle glow.

    My absolute go to fragrance this month has been the Jo Malone English Pear & Fresia. I’ve just been spritzing this on just before I leave. It’s such a light and floral scent and it nicely lingers throughout the day without me having to top it up during the day. When it comes to nail polish, I’m back in the white nail polish phase. The Models Own Hyper Gel Polish has been my white polish of choice. It’s applies really nice and evenly and lasts really well, especially on the toes. My last but not least favourite of the month is the Botanics Ionic Clay Mask. It’s a nice intensive mask that thoroughly cleanses and clarifies my skin.

    What have you been loving recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx