• 23.9.15

    SIX SKINCARE STAPLES

    I recently wrote about the fact that I have problematic skin and that I thought it was best that I stripped back my skincare and went back to basics. Despite streamlining my skincare, there are still a few staples, that I can’t stop using!

    The first skincare staple is of course the La Roche Posay Serozinc* which is a toner in an aerosol can. I love using this in the mornings because it’s quicker than using a toner with a cotton pad and it’s really refreshing and cool on the skin, which helps to wake me up! When it comes to removing my makeup, nothing really beats the Bioderma Micellar Water. Back in the day, after a night out I would just remove my makeup with a wipe and go to sleep (it’s bad I know) but since using Bioderma, I’ve been carrying out my proper skincare routine as it takes a lot less time to remove the bulk of my makeup, before properly cleansing.

    An absolute staple in my skincare set up is the Sarah Chapman Intense Hydrating Boost. This is most definitely the best serum I have tried with regards to hydrating serums. Whenever I stop using this product, I definitely see a difference in the plumpness of my skin. I think that you know when a product really works for you, if you notice a difference when you stop using it. If you’re an avid reader of my blog, you’ll know that I have blemish prone skin. A product that I always go back to that helps diminish any breakouts is Tea Tree Oil. I don’t use it all over the skin though, as it will really dry out the skin, which is probably why it works so well on breakouts.

    More often than not, throughout the day, I feel that my skin needs a little pick me up and I like to use the Caudalie Beauty Elixir to make my skin look a lot more refreshed and rejuvenated. As it’s a really fine mist, it doesn’t entirely soak your face. About once a week, I like to use a more intense face mask, do thoroughly cleanse my skin. The Boots Botanics Mask that works really well at giving my skin a proper, intense cleanse.


    What are some of your skincare staples?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx