• 1.9.15

    LESSONS LEARNT FROM DAILY CONTENT

    For the past few months, over summer I have been producing content to my blog on a daily basis. During this time, I’ve learnt my fair share of lessons that have come as a result of producing this mass of content and I thought I’d share them!


    There’s Always Something To Write
    You would think that with producing content on such a regular basis, that you would run out of interesting content to write. I found that if anything, I had way too much to write! I always have a list of ideas blog posts to write and I didn’t even get through the list for one reason or another.

    It’s Challenging
    Posting on an everyday basis is easy. However producing content of a consistent quality on a daily basis is hard. Contrary to what a lot of people think, blogging is more than taking a photo, putting a few sentences together and publishing it. There have been countless re-shoots, editing and re-reading over written content, not to mention the social media aspect. It really is hard to keep on top of everything.

    Scheduling Is Your Best Friend
    Until, I was posting daily, I never realised how important scheduling is. I now even schedule my blog tweets to make sure that everything is publicized and accounted for. Preparing by scheduling beforehand is the best way to be organised and to ensure that content goes out at the correct time. It also allows you to move onto the next post/s.

    It Gives You Something To Do
    I work in the evenings, so I pretty much have the majority of the day to do what I want to do. If I don’t leave the house until I need to go to work, and I’ve had people asking me whether I get bored. To which I always respond with a “no”. In all honesty, if I didn’t have my blog, I probably would be bored, but because I put so much time and effort into it, I don’t get bored, especially as there are so many various aspects to blogging.

    You May Need A Break
    As aforementioned, constantly creating good, consistent quality is hard to achieve and a lot of hours need to go into it. This amount of time spent blogging as well as working part-time is hard and I’ve found that on a couple of occasions I’ve needed a break because it uses up a lot of my energy. I even took a break from instagram for a week, which for me is unheard of!

    It’s Rewarding!
    One of the best things about blogging is how rewarding it is! Different people see rewards in different ways. Some see it in the financial sense; others find that rewards comes in the form of statistics and opportunities. I personally find that one of the biggest rewards of blogging is that fact that you, my readers comment and I really love the interaction and communication!


    And there we are! I am looking forward to reducing the amount that I post, but not too much as I’ll be posting every other day!

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. This is really interesting to read. I've always wanted to start publishing content on a daily basis but was always scared of running out of content ideas or worse, having a 'bloggers block'. I think I might have to give this a try...

      Coffee Chatter

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx