• 26.3.17

    THE BEAUTY & STYLE EDIT: MARCH

    So, another month of 2017 draws to a close and its time for the third instalment of the beauty and style edit of the year. As a whole, March has been pretty relaxed. The beginning of the month was  a little very stressful as I had three assignments due in one day (at the same time), but other than that it has been pretty good. Its so insane to think that I have a month left of lectures (most of which will be easter holidays) before it's the end of my first year of university - crazy!

    BEAUTY

    PIXI STROBE & SCULPT PALETTE* (review)When I tried this product out for the first time, I didn’t think the darkest shade ‘queen’ would be dark enough for my skin tone, however it’s actually the perfect contour shade for me. I like how cool tone it is without looking muddy and the product itself can be built up and intensified. I’ve also been using the shade ‘honey bunny’ to highlight and it is such a lovely golden highlight and it captures the light so beautifully. It’s nicely pigmented and easy to blend, meaning it doesn’t leave any harsh lines on my face.

    L’OREAL TELESCOPIC MASCARA - This is a rediscovered favourite of mine as I repurchased it earlier this month. It’s one of the best mascaras I’ve tried for lengthening and its perfect for a natural everyday look. Even though this isn’t the waterproof formula, I don’t find this mascara to leave fallout under my eyes and the formula is really good for holding a curl.

    MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOUNDATION STICK (review) This is another rediscovered product, I used to use this so much, but I then started to ration it when it was rapidly going down, as this shade is currently unavailable in the UK. I’ve never been one to use this as an actual foundation, instead I like to use it to highlight under the eyes and on the highlight under the eyes and on the key points of my face. As it’s a foundation, it adds even more coverage without being cakey.

    NYX MICRO BROW PENCIL - I recently waxed my eyebrows, so they’re now a lot easier to fill in and I don’t need a pomade (which I usually use when my brows need to be shaped). I have the shade brunette, which is a tad lighter than my brows, yet still allows me to achieve a more natural look. Being quite a hard pencil, it doesn’t apply too much products or make my brows look dark and harsh.

    STYLE

    PANDORA ELEGANCE & HEARTS RING - I’ve been trying to step up my jewellery game and my current go-to everyday combination are my two new rings from Pandora, that I treated myself to last month. I like wearing the Pandora Elegance ring, which I’ve been wearing on my ring finger, and I tend to pop the Hearts of Pandora ring on my index finger as it makes for a nice look and subtly finishes off any outfit.

    GUCCI JACQUARD SCARF - It’s been a little bit cold in London lately and most of my outfits tend to be black and I haven’t wanted to put on a black scarf, so I’ve been wearing my Gucci scarf to break up the black whilst keeping my outfit relatively neutral. The warmth and thickness of this scarf is a nice happy medium as it isn’t too warm or too hot and I like how versatile it is as I can wear it with various different types of outfit, whether it’s for a formal or more causal occasion.

    YOUTUBE

         

         

    What have you been loving this month?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx