• 24.3.17

    EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE

    Despite the fact that I'm constantly trying out and switching up my everyday makeup picks, there are times when I can get stuck in a rut. At the moment I'm quite content with my everyday makeup and there are two types of makeup looks that I choose between - The first is a slightly heavy makeup look and the second is a light natural makeup look. Having said that, I don't wear makeup everyday, I only wear it when I'm going somewhere like shopping, university or filming etc. I don't wear makeup on days when I'm staying at home, popping to the shops or running errands because as much as I love makeup, I also love not wearing it or having to take it off.

    NATURAL MAKEUP LOOK

    For my base, I chose whichever one I want to use on the day. I usually choose between the MAC Face and Body foundation (review) which is a nice light dewy foundation - The Body Shop Adapting BB Cream (review) which is a BB cream that adapts to your skin tone and adds the tiniest hint of pigment to the skin - and the NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (review) which not only has skin benefits, but also has a decent amount of coverage whilst remaining lightweight on the skin. For concealer, I use the LA Girl Pro Concealer (review), which conceals under eye circles and blemishes without being cakey on the skin. To set my concealer, I use the same powder I use with my heavier makeup look, which is the Vichy Dermablend powder (review). For contour and highlight, I like to use cream or liquid products for a more natural look. I use a darker shade of the LA Girl Pro Concealer to contour and either the No7 Skin Illuminator or the Niod Photography Fluid for a subtle highlight.

    I often choose between a couple different eyeshadow palettes which, are on the neutral shade spectrum. The first is the Maybelline The Nudes palette (review), which has a nice range of mattes and shimmers. I usually go for the antiqued gold for an easy wash of colour over the lids. The other palette is the Smashbox Full Exposure Travel palette (review). I use this palette when I want a matte shadow on the lids. I use the light matte brown shade all over the lid with a bit of the warm tone matte shadow in the crease for more definition. As this is a natural makeup look, I very rarely use eyeliner, however if I do it's the Maybelline Master Precise liner with the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara to lengthen my lashes. For lips, I tend to only pop on the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm. It's really hydrating on the lips and acts as a lip balm/treatment hybrid. Being a matte lip balm it doesn't feel sticky or tacky in any way.

    HEAVIER MAKEUP LOOK

    What does your everyday makeup routine consist of?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx