• 4.3.17

    5 THINGS ON MY 5 YEAR PLAN

    I’ve never really been one for a five year plan, I’ve been more into annual plans as the last few years have been centered around school and college and to be honest, I just focused on getting into the next year. However the next five years are notorious for being character-building years with a lot of change. My five-year plan is pretty crucial to building the foundation to help me achieve things within my ten-year plan. I personally really enjoy reading about other people five and ten year plans, as it’s interesting seeing the difference in people’s priorities.

    1. FINISH UNIVERSITY WITH AT LEAST A 2:1
    I am currently in my first year at university studying journalism and I want to finish my degree and achieve at least a 2:1, but preferably a first class honors. Apart of the reason why I decided to go to university, is to use it as a stopgap to really and truly figure out what I want to do for my career, so I also want to develop some skills as well as get prepared for the world of work.

    2. SAVE UP FOR A DEPOSIT
    I’ve only just moved back home from student halls and I’m quite comfortable at home and I’m in no hurry to move out any time soon. However I do want to save up for a deposit for a place so that I have the option to get on the property ladder and either buy my first place to live in or buy my first place to renovate and rent or put back on the market especially as I love interior design!

    3. KICK START MY CAREER
    When you get a part-time job whilst studying at college or university, it’s very rarely one that you see yourself in for the long run. I currently work in retail and market research (which, for the record I love my retail job – not so much the market research one) and I’m so excited to start my career in something that (fingers crossed) I love and enjoy going into work every day! I’d love to embark on something that utilizes my photography, travel and writing hobbies and something that constantly changes on a regular basis.

    4. LOOSE WEIGHT
    I’ve not been happy with my weight for the longest time and I really want to loose weight so that not only will I end up being healthier, but I will also look and feel better and more confident in my clothes and appearance. I don’t have any set amount of weight that I want to loose, but I’ll gage that depending on how happy I feel with the way I look, throughout the process.

    5. TRAVEL FURTHER AFIELD
    I really enjoy travelling and seeing different countries and experiencing various cultures. In 2016, I only travelled within Europe whilst in 2015; I went to three different states in America. I have always wanted to travel even further and within the next five years, I want to travel to Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam in South-East Asia and also Dubai, as they are all places I have wanted to travel to. I also want to travel around Europe more and do a few city breaks to Amsterdam, Brussels and also go back to Paris!


    What does your 5-year plan consist of?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx