• 14.3.17

    SIGNATURE SCENTS 101

    Over the past few years, I’ve really developed a love for fragrances. It’s no secret that my absolute favourite fragrances are from Jo Malone. I love how sleek and luxurious, yet sophisticated they are and the array of scents they have of offer is definitely one to reckon with. However my current favourites not only consist of a couple Jo Malone faves, there is also a Tom Ford number and a high street fave! An amazing thing about fragrances is that everyone has complete different tastes and preferences in what they want to smell like. What one person may consider being a sultry sweet scent, another may find it interferes with their gag reflex. I don’t think I’ll ever be that person with one signature scent as I’m constantly switching up my scents on a day-to-day basis because I own (and adore) way too many!
    The Zara Joyful Tuberose Rollerball is my go-to everyday scent. As it’s a rollerball, it’s nice and petite enough for me to pop it in my handbag and keep it on me to top up without weighing my bag down. This scent is actually on the sweet spectrum which isn’t something that I would usually go for as I’m typically more of a floral/citrusy scent person, however due to the musky element, it prevents it from being sickly sweet. The notes within this scent are floral, fruity, spicy, blackcurrant, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, musk, sandalwood and vanilla.  Next up is the Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia, which is one of the more fruity scents Jo Malone has to offer.  Irrespective of this being a light scent, it lingers throughout the entire day. As the name would suggest the top notes is the King William Pear with Freesia as the heart note and Patchouli as the base note. This is another one that I pop in my bag as I have a little mini in addition to 30ml bottle of heaven!
    A fragrance that I didn’t really take to at first (but now love) is the Tom Ford Orchid Soleil EDP. This is a warm and heady scent. Some of the notes for this fragrance are tuberose petals, black orchid (obviously), headspace, spider lily accord, vanilla, chestnut, cream accord, patchouli. Being from the legend that is Mr Tom Ford, I only whip this out on special occasions and I use my other fragrance picks on an everyday basis. Another staple is the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt. This is the latest addition to the clan, and when it first launched a couple years ago I steered far away from it. I thought it would just smell like that actual sea, which really put me off it, however it’s far from it! I’m awful at describing scents, but take my word for it, this smells so nice (and is one of Jo Malone’s bestsellers) it’s not fruity or floral, but it’s one of Jo Malone’s woody scents. The top note for this scent is Ambrette seeds and it has sea salt as the heart note and the base note consists of sage.

    SHOP THE SIGNATURE SCENTS


    What’s your favourite scent?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx