• 3.2.16

    3 HIGH END MAKEUP BRANDS TO TRY

    When it comes to delving into the world of high end brands, there are so many to choose, from it's hard to distinguish between the aesthetically pleasing products from the genuinely good ones. I don't have a huge amount of makeup when it comes to high end products, but I do have my fair share and if it came down to it, here are my three brands to try!

    MAC Cosmetics
    MAC is a makeup brand that is raved by many. The Face and Body foundation is a product that I've been using so much over the past few months. It works as a great everyday foundation as it's very light in consistency but I also love using it to mix with other bases to either change the shade or consistency of the product. To set my makeup the MSF Powder is so nice. It's a baked product therefore doesn't look cakey on the skin, just sets the makeup in place nicely. I think everyone loves a MAC Eyeshadow as they're just beautiful in every way! The array of colours, the pigmentation, the textures. All very beautiful! Another notorious MAC product is their lipsticks. Again, amazingly pigmented and consists of a vast shade range for different skin tones.

    NARS
    One of my all time favourite bases is the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser which is such a lovely light base. It's perfect for everyday and it doesn't cake up on my face. Being a hybrid foundation and moisturiser, means it also has skin benefits. I love pairing this with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. It's extremely pigmented and conceals both under eye circles, blemishes and pigmentation and is a medium coverage. There are so many shades that both the tinted moisturiser and concealer comes in. A lip product from NARS that I love using is the Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga. It so pigmented on the lips and lasts a considerably long time. 

    Kevyn Aucoin
    Kevyn Aucoin is one of those brands that aren't particularly spoken about in the blogosphere, but it's one of my favourites. The Creamy Glow blusher in Euphoria. It's one of those blushers that look good with any makeup look as it's such a muted shade. Being a cream blusher makes it really natural on the cheeks, giving a healthy look to the face. Another base product is the Creamy Glow Duo which is a creamy contour/highlight duo. The contour is cool tone, therefore imitates the appearance of a shadow and the highlight is really subtle but catches the light nicely. One of my all time favourite eyeshadows also comes from Kevyn Aucoin. It's the Eyeshadow Single in Light Bone which is a beautiful and simple cream colour. It's entirely matte and provides a nice base colour for additional eyeshadow.

    What are some of your favourite high end brands?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. My favourites are definitely MAC and Estée Lauder. I have a Nars wishlist as long as my arm, I just never get round to walking down to Liberty to buy the bits I want!xx

      Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I also have some Nars items on my wish list. They're pretty awesome! x

        Delete
    2. I really want to try more from all of these brands, but right now I have a little obsession with NARS. Their eyeshadow duos kill it everytime! x

      Jodie // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've yet to try their eyeshadow duos, but I have got my eye on one or two x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx