• 7.2.16

    CANON 40MM PANCAKE LENS

    Since having a blog, I've found myself purchasing items that I never thought I'd have to such as light bulbs for my soft box, backgrounds and lenses. I personally love blogging and photography, so I see it as more of an investment. The Canon 40MM Pancake Lens is one that is used by many bloggers, whether for an outfit post and makeup posts etc. I've had this lens for about a year, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.
    I use this for the majority of my photos. I like to use this for taking still photos, in particular my blog photos. I've used it for outfit and beauty posts as it creates a really blurry background which allows the subject to be in focus. It's a great all-rounder lens as I have also used it when I visited America to take landscape photos. I've found this lens really easy and fool-proof to use and I've been choosing it over my 50mm lens as I found that I had to be really far away from what I was shooting. This lens is somewhat the best of both worlds (regarding the 50mm and the 18-55mm lens') it takes nice close ups but it also works well at taking photos far away. This is also really affordable, especially compared to other lens' that can cost thousands as it's only £118.97 (available here).

    Do you have any lenses you use? How do you find them?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I've actually been thinking of upgrading to this lens for a little while, so this post couldn't have come at a better time. It really does seem lovely and exactly what I'm looking for right now! x

      Jodie // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx