• 28.2.16

    FEBRUARY FAVOURITES

    So, it's that time of the month again, where I round up all of the products that I have been loving throughout the month. As time has gone on, I've found that the amount of products that grace my monthly favourites has ever so slightly decreased. Though, I like to think that these are my true favourites which haven't been used one or two times, but throughout the majority of the month. Nice and concise.

    It's not often that I make a rediscovery, but whenever I do, I get so excited as I remember why I like the product in the first place. Just over a month ago, I rediscovered the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. I love applying this with a damp Real Techniques Buffing Brush as it gives a slightly lighter coverage with a dewy finish.

    Another product that I rediscovered this month is the Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow is a beautiful bronzy, burnt orange shade with shimmer. It's so effortless and looks stunning on the eyes for a really minimal eyeshadow look.

    I've been obsessed with two Vichy Powders lately. The first is the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation* which happens to be the first full coverage foundation that I've tried. I initially thought it would be too heavy and that I wouldn't get on with it but it's not what I thought. It's not heavy on the skin at all and it also replaces the need for concealer as I don't need to apply concealer when I use it. It also lasts really well on the skin. I recently wore it for a night out as it lasted from 7PM tip 4AM so I'm really pleased with it! I've been accompanying this product with the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder*. This is a true translucent powder that nicely sets my makeup without it looking cakey. Having darker skin means that a lot of 'translucent' powders aren't actually translucent. However this powder doesn't make me look ashy or like a ghost and it properly sets my makeup.

    I recently ran out of my Sarah Chapman and Caudalie serums, so I wan in dyer need of a new one! I decided to opt for a more purse-friendly option and since I love The Body Shop so much, it was the first place I thought of. The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil serum is so hydrating on my skin and also gives the benefits of an oil as well as it's a serum, oil hybrid. 

    What have you been loving lately?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Dermablend is amazing! I can't find my shade unfortunately, I'm too pale for them xD Have a great weekend!

      xorRosie
      Rosie's Life

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Isn't it! Fingers crossed they release a few more shades then. I hope you have a great weekend too! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx