• 19.11.15

    CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE | FOR HER

    For the first Christmas within almost three years of blogging, I’ve decided to do a Christmas gift guide. I’ve done a really streamlined selection of items that you can purchase for the females in your life! There are a range of prices and items for various different preferences!
    FOR THE HOMEOWNER
    I personally find purchasing items for homeowners quite fun because I don’t own my own home and it gives me an excuse to browse the home ware section. Any form of home décor is likely to put a smile on a homeowners face. I particularly like to give candles because they’re so different and versatile. My recommendation would be the Bath & Body Works 3 Wick Candle (£23.99)

    FOR THE WOMAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING
    Choosing something for the woman who has everything (such as my mum) is one of the hardest things. The best gifts in my opinion are the ones that people wouldn’t necessarily ask for but would love to receive (for me, last year it was a hot water bottle, yes a hot water bottle and it happened to match my faux fur rug and cushions in my room). Something that you can’t really go wrong with is a scarf. This scarf from Tommy Hilfiger is absolutely gorgeous and adds a pop of colour to any outfit!

    FOR THE BOOK LOVER
    Purchasing books for people can be risky business because everyone likes to read different things. I personally love autobiographies and books such as Fifty Shades, however for someone else, it may be their idea of hell. Purchasing more neutral books in this case, is the way forward. Post Secret (£9.99) is one of those books that anyone can read and it really makes you appreciate your life. The book itself looks rather large, but it’s one of those really quick books that can be read in a day or two.
    FOR THE BEAUTY LOVER
    There are so many amazing things launched exclusively for Christmas. I’ve picked out a few things that any beauty lover would be happy to receive! The first thing is the Jo Malone Cologne Collection (£70), which consists of five of their most popular scents (Peony&Blush Suede, Pomegranate Noir, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt and English Pear & Fresia). I have this and I love being able to not only try out other scents, but I get a little miniature to pop in my handbag. For makeup, Charlotte Tilburys makeup collection is amazing. There are a variety of products, shades at various price points. I would personally recommend the Dolce Vita Quad (£38) and the Matte Revolution Lipstick (£29). For tools, I would definitely say the Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Set (£56.95) or the Real Techniques Brushes (£21.99 - £64). If you know someone who is an absolute nail fiend, they will most likely love the Sensationail Gel Kit (£69.99).
    FOR THE JEWELLERY OBSESSIVE
    I think that Pandora is a great place to shop for someone who loves her jewellery pieces. They have such a variety of pieces and finishes. I think the Open Heart Ring (£45) is such a pretty, yet somewhat understated item. For earrings, the Heart Stud Earrings (£35) are also very beautiful and aren’t too over the top as they’re so small and dainty. If you want to purchase a watch for someone, Daniel Wellington (£160) is the brand to go to. All of the watches are so classic and wearable and would suit a multitude of styles.

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. The Jo Malone kit looks so lovely, I've never tried anything from them before and it seems like such good value for money!
      Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is! It also gives you a little taster of what they have to offer as well as finding some favourites to get the larger size of! x

        Delete
    2. I would be a happy girl with any of this!

      https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

      ReplyDelete
    3. Anonymous19/11/15

      Lovely gift guide! Thank you for the ideas!

      xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx