• 7.11.15 United States

    BEAUTY BITS FROM ACROSS THE POND

    If you’ve read my America post, or follow me on Instagram, you’ll know that a couple of weeks ago, I was across the pond, in America. Obviously been the avid beauty lover and blogger that I am, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take advantage and pick up some beauty bits. I visited Jo Malone, MAC, Sephora and a few drugstores and here’s what I purchased…
    Jo Malone
    Before I headed to the states, I was trying to track down the Jo Malone Cologne Collection for an upcoming blog post, however it wasn’t available at the time.  When I was in duty free at the airport, my beady eye spotted the cologne collection and snapped it up for £56. The collection consists of five of the best selling fragrances in miniature form; Wood Sage & Sea Salt, Peony & Blush Suede, Pomegranate Noir, English Pear & Fresia and Lime Basil & Mandarin.
    MAC
    One of the things I wanted to do when I went to America was to finally finish my MAC Palette. I only ended up getting 4 out of 7 shades that I initially wanted but they were Antiqued, Patina, Brun and Brown Script ($17 each). I will finish my MAC palette soon and you can expect a post soon! My mum wanted me to get pick up the False Lashes Mascara ($22) for her as she’s really been enjoying it lately. I only ended up picking one lipstick (despite having two on my list) and I really didn’t expect to get Plumfull ($17), however when my friend Ria swatched it, I knew I had to have it! I did pick up two lip liners, Chesnut and Currant which are in fact, my first MAC lip liners!
    Sephora
    I remained pretty streamlined in Sephora and only ended up purchasing three items. The first thing I picked up in store was the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29) as I’ve heard such great things about it and since I’m a fan of it’s apparent drugstore dupe, I thought I’d try it out to give my two cents on it. I recently tried a sample of the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer ($18) and I really liked it, so I thought I’d give the travel size a go. It’s a silicone-based primer, but on the couple of occasions I tried it, my makeup lasted really well! The final thing I picked up from Sephora was the Philosophy 3-In-One Cleanser ($11). This was another product that I had tried before I left (and it even featured in my October favourites). It’s such a gentle cleanser and I wanted to pick up the bigger bottle.
    The Drugstore | CVS & Walgreens
    Of course, I had to make a pit stop at the drugstore. I ended up purchasing a few items from CVS and Walgreens. The first products I picked up from the drugstore were from the Maybelline Fit Me range and were the Shine Free Foundation Stick and the Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation. We unfortunately don’t have these products in the UK yet and I’m a huge fan of the Fit Me range and I’m really intrigued by these products! A few months ago, L’Oreal launched their Infallible Pro Matte Foundation, however there was a big limit on the shade range. I happened to spot it in a darker shade whilst in CVS, so I obviously couldn’t leave it on the shelf! Mascaras in America are typically cheaper, so I repurchased two of my favourite Maybelline mascaras in the form of The Falsies Flared and Lash Sensational. Milani is a brand that isn’t available in the UK and I wanted to pick up one of their notorious blushers. I opted for one of their Powder Blushes in Romantic Rose, which is a lovely muted pink shade. I’ve you’ve been reading my blog for quite some time, you’ll know I’ve been an avid lover of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo’s, however I’ve not tried the Leather range. I decided to pick up the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Chocolate Suede, which is a gorgeous deep metallic brown! Last but not least, I purchased an Essie nail polish, however not a colour, a treatment. I’m really into nail care and I remember hearing Estee talking about the Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil and wanted to give it a go.


    What have you picked up lately?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Anonymous8/11/15

      You got some amazing stuff! I'm from the USA and the Milani blush, Maybelline Fit Me foundations and the Loreal Pro Matte are some of my holy grail products!

      xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, I can't wait to start properly playing with it all! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx