• 28.6.14

    TOP 10 BRUSHES

    Sometimes it seems as though we are always on the hunt for the perfect product to give that flawless and perfected appearance. Despite the fact that there are great products to help you achieve this, a great product will only get you half way there; to get the full monty, you also need the correct tools to give you a professional and gorgeous finish. I’ve tried and tested my fair share of brushes and I thought I’d give you an insight into my current favourites.

    Real Techniques Expert Face | I really like using this for applying and blending in foundation, as it evenly distributes the product and buffs it into the skin at the same time and nicely concentrates the product in the areas you want it to.

    MAC 217 | Now I’m sure you’ve all heard of this brush, as it is very renowned in the blogosphere. In my opinion, it is the best brush for both applying and blending in eyeshadow. I don’t know what it is but I feel that it can make a shoddy application look a lot more polished.

    Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face | When it comes to powdering my face, this is the brush that I opt for at it has very sparse bristles and is lovely and soft on the face. I find it applies a nice light dusting of the product and doesn’t apply too much.

    Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour | Another very sparse brush and as the name would suggest, I do use it for contouring. I love how it doesn’t apply too much and the majority of the product goes on the tapered end and the rest of the bristles assist with the blending.

    Models Own Angled Brush | I find the bristles in this brush to be  a little bit too flexible in to be used for the brows, however I believe it makes for an excellent smokey eye. The angled point means that you can more or less just sweep it over the eye and it gives a less harsh smokey eye as opposed to using tape as a guideline.

    Real Techniques Deluxe Crease | When it comes to concealer, nine times out of ten, I use this brush. There’s just something about it that makes it really useful for concealer. It’s very small and quite dense, so fits perfectly underneath the eye however doesn’t absorb the product either.

    Models Own Blending Brush | I personally think of this brush as more of a pencil brush or a MAC 219 equivalent instead of a blending brush. This has many different uses. It can be used to apply product under the eye, to apply highlight the inner corner or brow bone as well as to blend in eyeshadow along the lash line to make it less harsh on the eye.

    Real Techniques Accent Brush | This is another brush that I like to use to apply highlight, whether it be on the inner corner or the brow bone, as it’s so petit, it concentrates the product exactly where you want it. It’s also great for applying gel liner in particular; again, its small size makes it a lot easier to be precise and leaves less room for error.

    Daniel Sandler Brow Groomer | If you need a good brow groomer, then this one is for you! I like to brush through my brows before and after filling them in as it puts them in the correct direction. It’s not flimsy like some others either and is so slim, that it’s perfect to put in your bag if you’re on the go.

    Real Techniques Detailer | This brush is a good brush if you want to apply a lip product with a brush as it’s tapered end continues to make for precise application and the brush applies lip product really nicely. I also like to use this for highlighting the brow bone as it’s great for getting really close to the brow.

    What’s your favourite brush?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx