• 17.6.14

    FAUX SUMMER GLOW

    I’m all for a highlight, regardless of the time of year, I think it’s nice to have a lovely glow to the skin especially when I feel that my skin is looking a little bit on the dull side. In summer, I think it’s particularly nice to have a naturally looking glow, just to look really nice and glowing!

    I’ve been choosing liquid highlights over powder highlight recently as I feel it looks a lot more natural and ‘skin like’ rather unlike powder highlight which sometimes can look cakey when applied with a heavy hand. My current favourite liquid highlight at the moment is the No7 Skin Illuminator which gives a gorgeous glow to the cheek and brow bone, it’s very easy to blend and lasts really nice on the skin. The Rimmel Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch is more of a mousse texture on the more shimmer side which I like to use when I want more of a bronzed glow which I usually use on a night out. If you’re looking for more of a natural glow which is supposed to be applied prior to foundation, the Simple Illuminating Radiance Cream which makes the skin look a lot more radiant and brighter. I actually use this in a number of different ways and it just looks absolutely gorgeous and extremely natural.

    When I’m looking for a powder highlight, here are contenders that I tend to choose from. When I want a really nice and bronzed glow, I love the finish of the MACMineralise Skin Finish more for evenings as it gives a gorgeous bronzed summer glow to the cheeks. If you’re looking for a versatile powder/highlight the Bourjois Java Powder is right up your alley as it can be applied all over the face or more liberally for a highlight. The final contender is the MUAUndress Your Skin highlighter which is a lovely pink toned highlight which looks immaculate on the skin.

    What’s your favourite highlighter?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx