• 19.6.14

    SUMMER FASHION WISHLIST

    Recently, I’ve been putting buying beauty products on hold and focusing more on fashion items as there are some great pieces out at the moment. Regardless of the season, I’m all for black and white, monochrome all the way! I don’t think you can go wrong with black and white as you can mix it up a little with colourful accessories for example shoes, bags and jewellery.

    I’m really into kimonos at the moment; I love how you can wear a simple vest top and throw on a kimono and pop on a statement necklace and jeans and have an outfit that looks well thought out when in actual fact, it’s quite the contrary. However as there are so many out there, I’ve been stuck for choice, after having surfed the web , I found a lovely floral black kimono from New Look which will look great with any outfit.  I have been obsessed with white jeans since early spring, however I’m really fussy with the fit of my skinny jeans, I don’t like it when they’re too baggy/creased on the leg, I like them to look really fitted and nice on the leg, Matalan has wonderful ankle grazers which are somewhat like the Topshop Leigh jeans (which I also have) for a fraction of the price.

    Like I previously mentioned about colourful accessories, I have recently been using clutch bags more; using the strap for an everyday outfit and no strap when going out in the evenings. I’ve always loved the Whistles clutch bags and when I saw it in this pale blue colour, I was hooked. Despite it not being a classic colour, I still feel like I would get a lot of use out of it. Ever since I was a young child, I’ve always had a pair of Birkenstocks; they are the most comfortable shoes that my feet have ever been in. I’ve always been a fan of the Madrid style as in my opinion; they are the most feminine of the designs. I recently realised that I was missing a statement necklace in my jewellery collection, so I’ve been on the hunt for a while now, I really like this simple silver bar from H&M as I think it can add so much character to an outfit, despite its simplicity.

    In my wardrobe, I only have plain vest tops as I’m all about basics, however whenever I really like this one from River Island as it’s light and airy with some nice detailing on the back and will look great with some plain black jeans and a pair of courts. I’ve loved dresses a lot more lately since the weather has greatly improved; this beautiful embroidered swing dress from Boohoo looks gorgeous as with the colourful beading detail, I think this will look great with a pair of pretty sandals.

    What's on your fashion wishlist?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx