• 27.6.14

    BETTER SKIN IN A BOTTLE | REVLON NEARLY NAKED

     Revlon Nearly Naked, £8.99, Link
    I don’t think I will be satisfied in the foundation department, until I have a variety of different foundations with different coverage’s and finishes. I noticed I was missing a light coverage foundation with a dewy finish and the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation had been on my list for quite a while (like a lot of things) and I finally remembered to put it in my basket in a Boots order.

    I’ve come to the conclusion that this foundation is a fantastic pick for summer. I love the low coverage of this foundation; it’s very light and dewy on the skin. Despite the fact that it is low coverage, it can be built up to a more or less to medium coverage which I like as it can go from day to night as well. I like to think of this foundation as better skin in a bottle as it looks so natural and doesn’t look or feel as though you’re wearing foundation.

    One thing I love about Revlon is their unbeatable shade range; it’s great for those with a very pale skin tone as well as a relatively dark skin tone too and all in between. There’s no exception for this foundation as there are a whopping 16 shades which for a drugstore brand is exceptional as opposed to other drugstore brands with a disappointing 6 shades (which in all fairness are relatively similar).

    The only thing I dislike about this foundation is the fact that it doesn’t have a pump which means that I have to pour it on the back of my hand which can prove really messy and it’s hard to get the correct amount of product. The longevity of this foundation is quite good, lasting around 6-8 hours with powdering throughout. I’ve found that I get the best results when using the Real Techniques Buffing Brushwhich is a revelation as I don’t like to use it for any of my other foundations. I normally use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for foundation, but I don’t really like it for this foundation in particular.

    I really like this foundation, and it’s the only foundation I’ve worn this month which is rare for me and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants a great inexpensive foundation for summer!


    What’s your favourite foundation for summer?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx