• 11.6.14

    CURRENT EVERYDAY MAKEUP FAVOURITES


    On a daily basis, I don’t always like to wear a lot of makeup, I normally save that for the weekend when I can afford to sit and down, watch a great deal of YouTube videos and relax whilst doing my makeup rather than spending fifteen minutes quickly applying minimal makeup. I’ve recently been trying out a few new makeup items and so recently, it’s changed quite a bit.

    When it comes to primer, I prime both my face and eyes as my eyes are oily, so my eyeshadow will crease for England and I have combination skin so for the more oily areas of my face, I use a primer but also to keep my makeup looking better for longer. I switch up my primer very regularly however I’ve gone back to the Bourjois Luminous Serum Primer which I really like as I don’t find that it leaves a residue that needs to be severely blended in. For my eyes, I never change up my primer as I’m dedicated to the Urban Decay Primer Potion as it’s the best eye primer I’ve ever used and I can rely on it knowing that it works very well.

    I don’t always wear foundation on day to day as I feel it can sometimes be a bit heavy on my skin, I recently picked up the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation which I really like as it’s a very light coverage foundation and nicely evens out my skin tone and keeps the dewiness of my skin and being so light coverage, means that it doesn’t look like I’m even wearing foundation. I cannot remember the last time that I walked out of the house without powdering my foundation as I’m conscious that my foundation will just disappear during the day.

     I’ve been using the Maybelline Fit Mepowder as it’s slightly pigmented and adds a little bit more coverage without feeling like you’ve applied an extra layer and keeps my makeup looking better for longer; being a  nice compact product with a mirror, it’s easy to throw into my handbag for any touch-ups I may need. I don’t always wear blusher as it’s something that I only wear on a regular basis if I have time to apply it. Not long ago I picked up the Makeup RevolutionVivid Blusher Lacquer which I thought would be great for spring/summer as it adds to the dewiness and doesn’t look cakey and a little bit goes a long way!

    When it comes to eyes, I tend to opt for a very neutral eye, from my MAC palette; I mainly use the neutrals, so I bought a little quad for my current/most used eyeshadows at the time (currently All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Bronze & Carbon) so that they’re a lot more accessible and more convenient to use. I don’t always wear winged eyeliner as there’s often not a lot of time in the mornings to construct the perfect winged eye!

    I don’t discard mascara and that’s probably something that I do change on a regular basis depending on what I’m looking for on the day, however day to day, I go for one that lengthens more than volumises and my favourite is the Rimmel Glam Eyesmascara which is amazing for longer looking lashes! If there’s one thing that I very rarely leave the house without, it’s doing my eyebrows, I find that they can really frame your face and (like my friend Louise) as long as I’ve done my eyebrows, I don’t care if I don’t have anything else on. My current favourite eyebrow product is the ­Sleek Brow Stylist, it’s so quick and easy to apply and very convenient too.

    I very rarely wear a bold lipstick every day; however I’m really into my sheer and hydrating lipsticks. I think a nice sheer pink/red tone lipstick looks really pretty and put together, but not too over the top. It’s very appropriate for everyday wear as I don’t need a lip liner and the Maybelline Colour Whisper wears away really nicely and keeps the lips hydrated with a lovely tint.

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx