• 12.2.17

    CHUNKY KNITS: THE EDIT

    It has been so cold in the UK at the moment – probably colder than it was in December and it is definitely chunky knit season.  There are so many different types of knitwear and ways to incorporate it into one’s wardrobe. Even if you’re not someone who’s into something such as a knitted dress, but prefer the more notorious forms – this post has got you covered!

    THE DRESS
    I love the concept of a knitted dress pairing it with a lovely pair of knee high boots and either a faux fur gilet or leather jacket with a cross body bag. This is extremely versatile and can be worn casually and formally depending on how you spruce it up. You can also wear in different temperatures simply by layering either underneath, over it, or both.



    THE TOP
    I feel that when people think of knitwear, the majority thinks of a knitted top. My favourite and most worn knitted tops in my wardrobe are Ralph Lauren and ASOS. I love how soft and cozy knitted tops are, especially if you’re ill or just want to be nice and warm on a dull, gloomy day!



    THE ACCESSORY
    This is the type of knitwear that I’m personally more into as I love a chunky knitted scarf. This one is particularly good if you get hot pretty quickly as it’s a lot easier to whack this off as opposed to having to stay hot and bothered in a dress or top. Knitted accessories are also really good in the transition months, when it’s not as cold and they can also tone down and outfit and make it really casual!



    What’s your type of favourite knitwear?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I'm really into chunky knits and jumpers in general. The UK weather doesn't seem to be getting any warmer, so the extra layers are necessary :)

      - Kate x
      A British Sparkle

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm always scrolling through ASOS for chunky knits, I don't think you can beat them this time of year!

      Jodie // jodieloue.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love ASOS, definitely my go-to retailer! x

        Delete
    3. I absolutely love chunky knits! I live in them during the winter. These are great picks :)

      Nicole | The Glam Surge

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx