• 20.2.17

    7 HABITS TO ADOPT TO BETTER MYSELF

    I am always trying to better myself, whether it be mentally or with regards to my work etc. At the end of 2016, I vowed to myself that 2017 would be the year that I get sh*t together, so I’m going to try and adopt a few new habits. In the grand scheme of things these are very small and miniscule, but fingers crossed they’ll have a positive impact on various aspects of my life.

    1. Make My Bed Every Morning - This is such a small step, but one that can easily alter the start to the day. I really need to get out of the mindset that ‘I’ll leave it unmade so that when I get home, I can just get straight into bed again’ because for one, it’s not a good or productive mindset, but I immediately feel ready to take on the day. It also keeps my room looking neat and tidy too and makes it nice to come back to after a long day.

    2. Get Up At 8AM - When I was in college, I had to wake up early, pretty much every morning at around 8AM, but now that I’m in university, I only have to be in a couple days a week and even those are relatively late starts so I’ve been getting up a lot later (to be fair I’ve been going to bed at stupid times in the morning – it’s all relative). I want to start getting up earlier so that I can get a lot more completed throughout the day, especially since I’ve started YouTube once a week and posting on my blog 3-4 times a week. Also, whenever I wake up after 10AM, I feel like lazy and by the time I get showered and ready, most of my day has been wasted.

    3. Go To Bed By 12AM - My sleeping pattern has been completely and utterly turned upside down and I have been going to bed at around 3-4 o’clock in the morning. I get so engrossed in work, and before I know it, it’s half 4 in the morning. I should probably try and do a 180 regarding my body clock because the time I spend working at all hours of the morning, I should spend sleeping and then wake up early to do that work. I’m going to really try and get to bed by midnight, which should give me some downtime as well as being able to wake up earlier in the morning.

    4. Get Up & Shower Every Morning - I’m fully aware, that this will make me come across really nasty and dirty, but I have a tendency to lie in bed going on social media and watching TV and YouTube for a good couple of hours after I’ve woken up instead of waking up and getting ready straight away. I’ve found that just lounging around in the mornings gets my day off to a really slow start and I need to be as smart with my time as I can!

    5. Have A Pamper Night Once A Week - I feel that it’s really important to dedicate one evening a week to pamper yourself. It’s so much regimented to have one evening a week to have a little pamper, where you can have a nice bath (if you have one), shave, wash your hair and do a full monty of a skincare routine, including exfoliation, face mask, oil and serum – the whole shebang! I don’t feel like I do face masks as often as I should/would like to, so by ensuring that I have an evening where I can do this means that I know I will get my face mask fix! Not to mention, I love popping nice skincare all over my skin and massaging it in!

    6. Read a Book At Least 3 Times A Week - For some people, this may be extremely easy or even seem like such a small time dedicated to reading, but for me, this is something attainable to strive for. I’ve bought a few books that I’ve wanted to read for ages now and I’m finally starting to get through the list! Getting round to reading books is something I’ve always found difficult – which is ironic since I’m a journalism student! However I really want to dedicate a few hours a week to read. Hopefully by doing this, it will not only increase my vocabulary, but also give me something to look forward to!

    7. Take Time Out To Do What I Enjoy
    In life, there are so many things that we have to do, that we either do not want to do or don’t even care to do. I’m currently reading The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck and I want to spend less time doing things that I don’t want to do and more time, doing things that make me genuinely happy. Whether it’s not putting down my availability at a job that I don’t particularly enjoy, so that I can have some alone time and go shopping or get my nails done. Life is too short to constantly be doing things that make other people happy, who most likely won’t fully appreciate you for doing it anyway, so I want to f*ck that and do things that I want to do, that I’ll appreciate!


    What habits have you adopted recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx