• 26.2.17

    4 BASES I ALWAYS GO BACK TO

    Over the past couple of years, I have really been getting into my base products and the amount of foundations and tinted moisturisers that I have accumulated has really started to build up. Despite having an abundance of my foundations, there are still a select few that I always go back to, even if there’s a newer foundation that I’m trying or loving at the time, as I have a tendency of getting stuck in a rut when it comes to makeup in general, but especially with foundations because if you have a crap base, the rest of your makeup will most likely end up looking bad too.

    Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless (review)
    This isn’t just one of the foundations that I always go back to, but it’s also a firm staple within my makeup collection. I genuinely love everything about this foundation from the perfect shade match, perfecting coverage and satin finish to the unbeatable price point. It’s a lovely product and one that is highly reliable, as I know exactly what I’m getting when I use it. Despite having a nice coverage and making my skin look ten times better, my skin never looks caked in makeup and it lasts really well on me too.

    MAC Face & Body (review)
    This is one of my go-to foundations within my collection and has been for the past few years. I love using this foundation on days when I want a natural base with a dewy finish and minimal coverage. It’s perfect no makeup-makeup days and it’s definitely one I would recommend to anybody who likes to wear makeup to a school/college that doesn’t allow for you to wear makeup as it isn’t as noticeable as a full coverage base. I also like how buildable it is as I can build up the coverage on some of my areas of concern.

    Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (review)
    The GA Luminous Silk foundation is a favourite among many bloggers and beauty enthusiasts. This is a rather pricey foundation, but one that definitely makes up for it in its formula and longevity. I wouldn’t say that this is a full coverage foundation, but more of a buildable medium coverage base. Although this foundation has good coverage, it looks relatively natural and not at all cakey. As with all Giorgio Armani products, the packaging is amazing! A frosted glass with a glossy, black lid – stunning!

    The Body Shop All In One BB Cream (review)
    Similar to the MAC Face and Body foundation, I like to use this base on days when I want a more natural makeup look. It’s a colour adapting foundation – changing from a grey, clay shade to the colour of my skin tone. Being a makeup/skincare hybrid product, it’s really dewy and hydrating on the skin and gives a really healthy natural glow. Although I have blemish prone skin, I just use concealer o my problem areas to maintain the natural element of the base.


    SHOP THE POST



    What is your favourite foundation?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx