• 1.10.16

    WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG?

    I’m not usually one for makeup bags as I tend to store all of my makeup on my dressing table, however I recently moved into student halls for university and I had to strategically pick the makeup I wanted. I now keep all of my everyday makeup in a makeup bag, and the rest of the makeup I have taken gets stored in my Muji drawers that I bought specifically for university. One thing I really like about this makeup bag is that it has underwire which keeps the bag propped up when its opened, which helps to keep the structure of the bag. There are no pockets in this makeup bag, which I personally like as it means that no products can get lost or forgotten about. The makeup bag itself is from H&M and is available in four shades; black, grey, hot pink and muted pink and is really affordable at £7.99.

    PRIME: I’ve recently started using the Nivea Post Shave Balm as my face primer, though I’m still a bit apprehensive as its primary function is to soothe irritation and to reduce skin sensitivity over time, so I’ll reserve judgment for while especially as so many people love it as a primer. Having said that it applied nicely on the skin and doesn’t have a slippery feel. For my eye primer, I have my trustee Laura Mercier Eye Canvas that is one of my all time favourites as it creates a barrier between my oily eyelids and my eyeshadow. The salmon pink undertone also helps to counteract any veins/darkness.

    BASE & CONCEALER: For foundation, I’ve been alternating between two staples of mine recently. The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (review) and the Maybelline Fit Me Matte &Poreless (review) foundations. Depending on the coverage I want determines which foundation I use. For a more perfected base with more coverage, I go for the Maybelline foundation and I use the Giorgio Armani for a lighter, dewy base with a natural finish. When it comes to concealer, I have been pretty consistent and I’ve only been using the LAGirl Pro Concealer (review). I find it easy to blend, yet it still maintains its pigmentation without looking cakey.

    HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR: I’ve had the same highlight and contour products in my everyday makeup for a while. The Sleek Contour (review) has been constant for over two years and the Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer has been in my everyday for over a month now. Two newbies in my contour and highlight is the Sleek Cream Contour Kit, which is great when I want a more natural look. The other newbie is the MAC Global Glow highlighter, which I’ve recently popped it back in my everyday stash.

    BROWS: I’ve been very streamlined in this department as I only have two products. The NYX Brow Contour and the L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper. The NYX brow pencil is nice to quickly fill in my brows and the highlight is so subtle, yet beautiful! To set my brows the L’Oreal brow gel has been my go to lately. It’s not been my favourite in the past as I don’t find it keeps long/unruly eyebrows in place, but since my eyebrows have been waxed recently, it’s been working pretty well.

    EYES: When it comes to eyes, I’m so basic and somewhat repetitive. The MaxFactor Excess Shimmer (review) in the shade bronze is a beautiful, bronze with an orange undertone eyeshadow, which looks so effortless on the lids. For mascara, I’ve been trying out the Max Factor False Lash Effect to get really long, fluttery lashes and to finish off my eyes, I have the Japonesque Brown Eyeliner to put on the waterline to bring the eye look together!

    What’s your favourite item in your makeup bag?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I love the Maybelline Matte & Poreless Foundation. The Vichy powder is one of my holy grails! I have currently been using the new Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and love it.

      EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin | Blog Header Services

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll definitely check out the All Nighter foundation! x

        Delete
    2. That MAC highlighter looks beautiful! Ive just ordered the LA Girl pro concealer and Im so excited to try it out.

      www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    3. Lovely picks! They all sound great! I love the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I used it yesterday and got a bunch compliments on it. Such a good drugstore foundation :)

      Nicole | The Glam Surge

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's lovely on, definitely rivals some of it's higher end counterparts! x

        Delete
    4. Great picks! I'm still yet to try the LA Girl concealers although I'm keen to order a few shades and see if they live up to their hype for contouring!

      Toni x
      www.clarkecouture.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have different shades for highlight and contour, and love it - so pigmented and easy to blend x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx