• 18.10.16

    MAKEUP COLLECTION & STORAGE: UNIVERSITY EDITION

    Being a beauty blogger, my makeup collection is slightly larger than the average. When I decided to live away from home, I had to really think about what I was going to do with my makeup. One of my priorities is my blog and keeping it running, so I had to have a handful of additional makeup with me, to allow me to keep blogging. I’m actually pretty smitten with my makeup setup at uni, so here’s the lowdown..

    THE STORAGE
    My actual storage largely consists of my 3-drawers acrylic MUJI drawers and my H&M makeup bag. My MUJI drawers hold some additional makeup that I brought to uni so that I had more options when it comes to choosing my makeup as well as for blogging purposes, however my makeup bag (tour here) houses my current everyday makeup so that it’s easier when I’m getting ready in the mornings. When it comes to my makeup brushes, I keep them in IKEA whiskey glasses, one for face and one for eye/lip brushes. There are also a few things on top of my MUJI drawers as they’re quite narrow, so items such as foundations and some eyeshadows don’t actually fit in them, as they’re too tall.

    THE COLLECTION
    Compared to what I usually have at home, my initial collection is very streamlined. I knew that I wouldn’t need a lot of makeup with me, as I’m trying this whole minimal approach in various aspects of my life. On top of my makeup drawers, I have the ByTerry Cover Expert (review), Maybelline Fit Me Matte&Poreless (review) and MAC Face & Body (review) foundations. I also have the Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel (review), Max Factor Excess Shimmer (review) and my beloved Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm, in addition to my makeup bag.

    In the first drawer, I keep my base products such as The Body Shop BB Cream (review) and primers in the form of the Benefit Porefessional and Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser. I also have my highlighters – MAC Global Glow and Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Duo (review) and the only blusher I brought with me, the Milani Romantic Rose blush. In the second drawer, I have my eye bits, which is mainly my MAC pro palette (tour here), a couple eyeliners and brow products. The final drawer has lips and other miscellaneous products like my Red Cherry lashes, Maybelline The Nudes palette (review) and Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Quad (review).

    Have you been/are you in university? How did you sort out your makeup?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Your photos are so beautiful! I've just followed you on Bloglovin, can't wait to see more of your posts :) Molly x
      www.mollipop.co.uk

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx