• 10.11.13

    Review // Rimmel Apocalips in 'Eclipse'


    If you are a dedicated reader to my blog, you'll know that there was a time when I couldn't stand the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers and I didn't understand the hype about them. I then admitted that it may have been due to the shade that I chose and lone behold I was right! I swatched the other shades that were available at the time and they were all too bright for my skin tone. This season, Rimmel have released some new shades for Autumn and I thought I'd pick up the shade in 'Eclipse' which is a nice deep plumy/red shade. I've never written a review due to the fact that before now, I never liked the product, so I'm pretty excited to write a review about this because I absolutely love this shade!

    The formula of this product is really wet, like a lip gloss and over the course an hour or two, sets like a lipstick. The applicator makes the application a lot easier because it's tapered at the top so is great for the cupids bow. I personally like to line my lips with a lip liner from MUA in 'Brooding Plum' as it's virtually the perfect match! The longevity of this product is ridiculous! I wore it from around 10am-9pm and I only reapplied once! The shade is perfect for Autumn/Winter as it's a lovely berry shade, very much like my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107 but the wear-time is a lot longer. 

    The Rimmel Apocalips in general would be a good choice to go for if you're going on a date or having date night because you don't need to worry about your lipstick going everywhere or reapplying. I'm definitely going to check out some more of the new releases from the range too! 


    Have you tried any shades from the Rimmel Apocalips collection?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I was looking at these lip lacquers today but decided to not pick any up - massively regret it now! *runs back to Boots* haha

      www.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx