• 3.11.13

    From Across The Pond

    Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well. Recently my auntie went to America and before she went, I ask her to pick up a few things for me because there were some things that I wanted that I'm unable to get in the UK. So here is what I got...


    MAC Brush Cleanser | $15
     I've nearly finished my current brush cleanser and so I needed another one. God knows how I coped before I picked this up. Cleaning an insane amount of brushes is not my idea of fun, but it has to be done when you've not got your trusted friend (which is the MAC brush cleanser).


    MAC Lipstick in Diva | $15
    Just over a month ago, I bought my first ever MAC lipstick and I've now been drawn into a new obsession! I absolutely love my deep red shades and I Googled some swatches of various mac lipsticks and this came one popped up. It's a lovely red/purple shade which is again very pigmented and is a matte finish...perfect for this time of year!

    MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Gold Depost | $30
    I've never owned a Mineralise Skin Finish before and thought I'd ask for one. I thought it would be a good choice for a highlight that would go well with my skin tone. It's a very finely milled gold shimmery powder  which is ridiculously glittery, so I'm going to have to find some way of working around this...maybe as an eyeshadow?

    EOS Lip Balm in Pomegranate | $4.19
    About a month ago, my friends and I were in some kind of EOS phase! We really wanted these lip balms and when we finally sold a place that shipped them to the UK, found out there were some annoying technicalities that got in the way and meant that we were unable to purchase them. I got the Pomegranate because the colour of it was pretty!

    Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya and Red Velvet | $8 each
    I know we have Revlon Lip Butters in the UK but whenever I go into Boots/Superdrug, I always forget to check out some different shades ad when I do remember, they're always really grubby and out of place and a nuisance to swatch. I recently saw a makeup collection video and she had multiple lip butters in Juicy Papaya and I like peachy shades too (almost as much as my red lipsticks). I asked for Red Velvet because I recently saw one of Tanya Burr's favourites videos which included this and I thought it would be great for when I want a nice red lip that wasn't too pigmented like the majority of my other ones.

    Maybelline Color Whispers in Cherry on Top, Rose of Attraction and Coral Ambition | $8
    When I first got my hands on the other Maybelline Color Whispers, I knew I needed more shades because I absolutely fell in love with them. They're really nice and in some ways buttery and very moisturising on the lips. I slightly less pigmented shades because I like to dabble in them too!

    Have you tried any of these before? 

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I really want to try a MAC Mineralize too but like you I'm scared it'll look too glittery on me, xoxo.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd definitely recommend swatching it in store first x

        Delete
    2. The Mineralized Skinfinishes are soooo shimmery, I love them though! Hope you find away to use yours xxx .

      Ohhval.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. You've got some great things here. I haven't tried any of them but I'd love to try the lip butters.

      IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The lip butters are definitely worth a try! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx