• 30.9.13

    Monthly Favourites // September

    Hi everyone, I thought I would start writing monthly favourites. In the past, I've only ever done  spring beauty favourites, which in all honesty wasn't great, now that I look back on it and I never used to try out that many different things that I liked to justify a monthly favourites. So onto the September faves...

    L'Oreal Micellar Solution
    I picked this product up after reading numerous reviews about it; in all honesty, I didn't think I would get much use out of it because I very rarely wear face makeup, unless going out to a party and whatnot. I was happily mistaken. This works really for removing makeup, especially waterproof makeup with very little effort. I love how it doubles up as a toner because I've been on the hunt for a new, better one than the one I was previously using. I will most definitely be repurchasing this product until the cows come home!
    Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick | 107 Wine
    In previous posts, I've mentioned how much I love this lipstick in the shade 01, however this comes close! It's a great staple product that I believe fits well into the approaching cold autumn/winter seasons ahead. This looks amazing for any makeup look for both day and night. I love wearing this when I'm wearing just white or black because it really adds a nice touch of colour and versatility. I love how it looks lovely on all skin tones, as it's sometimes hard to find products with that feature.
    Essie Nail Polish | We're in it Together
    You may have guessed, but I love nail polishes and I have done from a young age. I very rarely go naked on the nails which can sometimes be hard when you go to a school in which you're not allowed any makeup or nail varnish (the only two rules that I breach regularly). This nail polish is lovely for anyone who is in the same or similar boat as me. It's a lovely pastel pale pink which tiny iridescent specks of pink, blue and green. This is easy to wear and it's not over the top for someone who likes very safe and easy to wear colours on their tips.
    Rimmel Shimmer Touch | 004 Shimmering Sand
    Over the past few months, I have really been getting into highlighting and trying out different highlighters. They really bring a nice touch of femininity to the face and catching the light which brings about a nice, healthy glow. This is the newest highlight edition to my collection and it's great. This is the only cream/liquid highlight I own and it makes a nice change from powder. It blends gently into the skin without leaving an obvious 'shes got eyeshadow on her brow bone' appearance. This shade is great for people with darker skin tones, such as myself as well as those much fairer than me. The other shades in my opinion are to pinky toned.
    MUA Eyeshadow Trio | Innocence
    I've had this eyeshadow trio since the beginning of the year; I've not properly gone out and used it since a few weeks ago, when I challenged myself to use only MUA eye products. Whilst challenging myself, I found a great shade for highlighting. It's not too obvious and it's not too vague. It's great for usage on the brow bone or for an inner corner highlight.
    Real Techniques Buffing Brush
    I've started using the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes a lot more recently, the buffing brush more than the others. I love using it for foundation, both liquid and mineral. It applies and blends foundation seamlessly and flawlessly leaving no harsh lines. When I'm having a lazy day, I love it for applying primer as it's doesn't apply too much or too little product, just the correct amount. 
    Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner | Taupe
    I've been seeing a lot of tutorials where this product in the colour 'Nude' has been used to make you appear more awake. Nude will clearly not work in the same way, so I changed the colour to work in a similar way and picked up 'Taupe'. This eyeshadow just does not budge. It stays put for more or less, the entire day. I wear this to school most days and I just can't get enough of it! I'm definitely going to pick up more shades!

    What have been your favourites this month?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Great favourites, I keep hearing rave reviews on the Kate lipsticks, think I need to pick up one myself!

      Belle x
      Mascara & Maltesers

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love the lippy in 107, it's so perfect for Autumn :) Raspberrykiss xo

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great post! I love the RT brushes, I have quite a few of them :) x

      Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They're great! I definitely need to buy more! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx