• 2.10.13

    Review // YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick 'Rouge in Danger'


    You may or not know that I love my lipsticks and I mainly own drugstore/high-street lipsticks as they are great value for money and there are amazing shades to choose from. To be honest, I only own a handful (or two) of high end lipsticks and one of the newest editions to join the lippie clan is the notorious YSL lipstick. However I opted for the 'Rouge Volupte Shine' instead of the infamous 'Rouge Volupte'.

    ...Lets take a moment to admire this pretty packaging of the gold canister, the bold red band with the gold 'YSL' logo. The packaging is identical to the 'Rouge Volupte' lipstick... Classic, timeless and sleek. This definitely makes the purchase more worth while.As you and I both know, YSL lipsticks do not come cheap, so I decided to buy a classic colour that would go well with pretty much everything.  With that being said, I bought number 4 'Rouge in Danger' which is a lovely basic red.

    The lipstick itself has an amazing formula and consistency as it's quite sheer, but easily build-able which makes it so versatile. The creamy and hydrating consistency is still to be desired...buttery, smooth and melts on the lips. This is great as it is not drying on the lips. Very balmy if you like which is great for a winter lipstick. The lasting time is longer than you'd expect from a sheer lipstick. I absolutely love the YSL lipsticks! I will most definitely be purchasing more in the future!


    Have you tried any of the YSL lip products? I would love to hear your recommendations!

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. It looks amazing, I've always wanted a YSL Lipstick they are just so beautiful!! :) xx
      kooky capricious 

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. If you ever want to treat yourself, you should definitely get one! xx

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx