• 23.9.13

    Mini Paris Haul & Review

     photo 1c2d48cd-27b3-4368-baa5-39648ec39dc3_zps035348e7.jpg photo 2fd0ea3d-3be6-4c3d-9bec-99cb48d26d62_zpse2355f42.jpg
        photo defad13e-2cee-49ee-ba25-feddebfe528a_zps3bb2706c.jpg
    If you read my Paris in a Day post or follow me on Instagram, you will know that a few weeks ago I went to Paris. While I was there I picked up a few little bits and bobs. I didn't actually purchase more than half as much as I expected because I went more for sightseeing, so I thought I would write a teeny weeny review of them. I'm going again in December for Christmas shopping, so all is good!


    Sephora Exfoliating Body Scrub
    I've been on the hunt for a good body exfoliator. This one inparticular is very gentle on the skin however it does the job. This is sample size as I wanted to try it out. As this is the travel size version, it was roughly about 3euros50. I would definitely purchase the full size version as Sephora ship to the UK. Does an amazing job at removing impurities.
    H&M Matte Top Coat
    Over the past few months I have seen quite a few pictures on Instagram of matte nails and when I was in H&M in Paris, I saw this nail polish in the beauty section and I thought I'd give it a go. At 2euro95 it would have been rude not to take advantage of this. When I use this, I apply a base coat, two coats of the chosen colour and then I use the top coat. At first it looks quite like a dull sheer and then has more of a matte appearance. I've learnt that it's important to make sure that you allow your layers to dry properly as little air bubbles can appear and ruin the effect. I would definitely recommend this product, if you're on the hunt for a good quality, inexpensive product. 
    Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick
    I have a new love of red lipstick and when I was in Sephora, I swatched many lipsticks, however this one in particular caught my eye. It's quite sheer and is very hydrating on the lips. The lid of the packaging can be misleading as it's a coral colour when the actual lipstick is red. This is very similar to the notorius Revlon Lip Butters. The base of the lipstick is glass/plastic with the actual shade of the lipstick showing. This product is an affordable product at 10 euros.
    Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
    The majority of my makeup looks consist with a powerful eye and using wipes late at night can be a chore. I wanted to try something that could make this task a lot easier and less time consuming. As you can see this product looks pretty cool and unique, there is obviously something oil based in this product which can give this pretty effect. When I got round to using it, I could tell that there was something oil based however it is less oilier than the Inglot Waterproof makeup remover and it doesn't end up sitting on the eyelid either. I would recommend this product because makeup removal is made a lot easier and this product is only 5 euros.

    I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you checked out my Paris post? If not click here!

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. The matte nail polish is so inexpensive! I need to try it myself, you're right...it would be rude not too ;) haha

      -Stina | OGstina.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx