• 26.9.13

    Review // MAC 'Dubonnet' Lipstick






    Believe it or not, I've never owned a MAC lipstick before as there is so much choice, I never knew which shade to purchase. It's like choosing between a Cartier watch and a Rolex watch...pretty impossible right? I bought this because I felt like I was missing out after having read countless reviews of MAC lippies and I thought I would just bite the bullet and hop on the bandwagon!

    I purchased the shade 'Dubonnet' which is a cream-amplified lipstick which means that it is unbelievably pigmented yet moisturising at the same time which is great because it's very hydrating for the lips, which is really important in my opinion. The shade 'Dubonnet' is a deep vampy red with brown undertones which makes it a very suitable colour for the approaching Autumn/Winter seasons that are swiftly coming to greet us. 

    You would think that with it being so deep with brown undertones, that it would be difficult to wear, but quite the contrary. I love wearing this lipstick with a subtle brown smokey eye and a winged eye as it really brings the look together and makes it appear more finished and polished.The wear-time of this lipstick is pretty long. I would say that it lasts for about 2-3 hours without the need to reapply. If you were going on a night out, you could apply a transparent powder to your lips to give a lovely matte lip as well as prolonging the wear of your lippie!

    I would definitely purchase more shades of MAC lipsticks, regardless of the £15 price tag...Yes MAC I did notice.


    Do you own any MAC lipsticks or have any shades to recommend? 

    Whould you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx