• 27.12.15

    INSIDE MY WINTER MAKEUP BAG

    I recently switched up the contents of my makeup bag as this year, I've become very accustom to the products that I use and haven't really tried to incorporate many other products into my everyday/most used makeup. The other day, I was going through my makeup collection and decided to pop some other beauty bits in my makeup bag so that I could try something else!

    I have finally given the Maybelline Pore Eraser a break and have substituted it for the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. I'm not the kind of person who can go without using a primer, and since purchasing this in the states, I finally want to give it a proper go! I chose to keep the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser as it's been one of the most consistent products I've used this year, however I've also added the MAC Face & Body foundation as I like a really dewy finish for a healthy glowy look. Lately, I've been extremely loyal to my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer because the shade 'amande' is a perfect match for my skintone and it blends into the skin beautifully! To set all of my makeup in place, I've gone to my MAC MSF and Vichy Dermablend powders. I like the MAC powder as it has some pigmentation whereas the Vichy powder is transparent and finely milled and both powders obviously set my makeup in place. It's not secret that I have my phases of when I do and don't wear blusher, and I haven't been wearing blusher on a regular basis recently. I have just been contouring and highlighting with my beloved Sleek Face Form Kit and the MAC MSF in Global Glow as I think it's enough product for my face!

    When it comes to the eyes, I've been really streamlined by not using eye liner and a multitude of mascaras. The Laura Mercier Eye Canvas was always going to be in my makeup bag as I refuse to wear eyeshadow without priming first! Pretty much the only eyeshadow I've been using is the Maybelline The Nudes palette. It has a lot of pretty neutrals consisting of both mattes and shimmers. I went back to using the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara which adds both length and volume to the lashes! If you've been an avid reader of my blog, you'll know that I'm an absolute brow fiend! There have been two products that I have been loving recently which are the Illamasqua Brow Precision Gel set in place by the Maybelline Brow Drama, which allow me to get a strong brow that stays in place throughout the entire day. The lipsticks I've mainly been using lately are MAC Plumful and the Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry Matte Revolution lipsticks. Plumful is a pretty plummy nude and Glastonberry is a berry matte shade.

    Have you used any of these products? What are some of your makeup bag standouts?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I'm so sad that I can't find Plumful. I pulled it out a few weeks back and have not been able to locate it since. Glastonberry has been very much reached for lately, love how all my friends take a double-take when they see me since it's such a bold lip!

      Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I thought I lost Plumful and I was even going to go and re-purchase another one and Glastonberry is a really eye catching lipstick! x

        Delete
    2. The Maybelline Nudes palette is one I've just started using more of! Lash Sensational is one of the best mascaras I've used from the high street!

      Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, they're both such great products, Maybelline have really been on top of their game recently! x

        Delete
    3. Your photos are always so beautiful! That palette looks stunning, need to get my hands on it!

      Parie x

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx